UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Time to Cut
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted a bit of advice on how to continue trainaing after a cycle. The reason i ask is due to natural testrone levels being very low and the ability for muscle to repair etc, would it be advisable to lower weight slightly to try and maintain strength without out breaking to much muscle tissue untill PCT is finished.

Also could i drop my protein intake by 0.5 g per llb body weight 2 weeks after a cycle as ended? (2g protein to 1.5g protein)

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
my training tend to stay pretty similar but with less to no super sets or giant sets. I also train less frequently and may nock a set or 2 off each bodypart depending how i feel or take an extra day or 2 rest.

its all about how you feel at the time mate we are all different.

·
Banned
3,150 Posts
gippo said:
Also could i drop my protein intake by 0.5 g per llb body weight 2 weeks after a cycle as ended? (2g protein to 1.5g protein)
1.5g of protein per 1lb of bodyweight should be fine mate.

I would try to keep lifting as much as you can. Dropping the weights too much below your ability will probably result in a drop in mass too.

·
Banned
711 Posts
all i do is switch from a 4 day split to a 3 day split, but try to keep to the same food intake and weights, i think a lot of it is in your head when you come off, like 'oh no im not non gear:('

my mate was on a 500mg sus 400mg deca cycle, did a 12 weeker, got up to benching 95kg for 8 reps, came off and only did nolv and HCG for PCT, and now 9 weeks later, keeping his calories high, hes benching 100kg for the same reps, so in a very short space of time since coming off, he has actually GAINED strength, and kept his bodyweight the same:)

·
Newbie Trainer
11 Posts
switching to DC training 3days / week after a high volume approach while beeing on has worked really good this year. wish i had incorporated DC training already some time ago.

G

·
A7X said:
switching to DC training 3days / week after a high volume approach while beeing on has worked really good this year. wish i had incorporated DC training already some time ago.
Good post i have also done this to great effect, i actually prefer Mike Menzters HIT over DC because i dont get on with the 20 reppers.

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
cos did ou buy his book for the info to help with your workouts or is there a specific forum you can get info and which book if thats what you did as im interested in his methods.

G

·
hilly2008 said:
cos did ou buy his book for the info to help with your workouts or is there a specific forum you can get info and which book if thats what you did as im interested in his methods.
Are you speaking to me mate?

If so.....

http://www.amazon.com/High-Intensity-Training-Mike-Mentzer-Way/dp/0071383301/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224712841&sr=8-2

And i have the wisdom of mike menzter, his seminar dvd, his training dvd and other bits and bobs.

TBH besides the physcological (sp:rolleyes:)aspects to training his actual methods are simple to follow and if you would like info i will gladly write out the basics for you.

It all needs tweaking because his best stuff is his mid range stuff not his late work but training frequency must increase, i found 3 days per week to be great each work out takes 30mins and i gained power during pct just through the change of training.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,576 Posts
Con said:
Are you speaking to me mate?

If so.....

http://www.amazon.com/High-Intensity-Training-Mike-Mentzer-Way/dp/0071383301/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224712841&sr=8-2

And i have the wisdom of mike menzter, his seminar dvd, his training dvd and other bits and bobs.

TBH besides the physcological (sp:rolleyes:)aspects to training his actual methods are simple to follow and if you would like info i will gladly write out the basics for you.

It all needs tweaking because his best stuff is his mid range stuff not his late work but training frequency must increase, i found 3 days per week to be great each work out takes 30mins and i gained power during pct just through the change of training.
Would you do the same for me... :blush: :whistling:

G

·
Sure guys i will get my books out later today and write out the guidelines and pm you all with it....will be in a few hours as i am still at work/school:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts