UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I am a complete newbie, trying to get as much info as I can before I start my new lifestyle. I really want to change my lifestyle to a more fit one, I am nearly 30, so want to do it before i am too old to make a difference.... I have been reading up a bit in different forums, and thought i'd try this forum to ask advice.

I am 29, 6'2, 18st 11, my ideal weight i think is 17 stone. I have lost a stone so far, but I want to start toning while i loose the weight.

I am going to start with the following all body work out, every 3 days (as i know i will be in too much pain to do it every 2 days) doing A-B-A, then B-A-B, with some Cardiovascular in between:

Workout A

Squats

bench press

deadlift

military press

chinups/pullups

Workout B

Hack squats

dips

stiff legged deadlift

dumbbell shoulder press

bent over rowing

What size of weights should i start off with buying? I really dont know what would be best, I dont want to buy too small size weights.

Sorry if this is really basic info, but i am really new to this, and want to do it right :)

cheers guys

Martin

·
The Norwich Personal Trainer
12,416 Posts
dont apologize for training sensibly dude :cool:

buy small weights.

4x0.5kg

4x1.25kg

4x2.5kg

4x5kg

db`s are covered.

0.5kg`s are super important down the line.

other than that just by some 10kgs and some 20kgs plates.

http://www.musclechat.co.uk/beginners-area/29549-basic-full-body-workout.html

youre a big dude so walk for your fat loss, building up to an hour a day or 2x30 mins a day or sommat.

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant, thanks for your quick reply, really appreciate your help on this. Just a few things, what do you mean by "db`s are covered."? And do you mean literally walking as in for my CV part of training? What weights do you think should i use for that work out to start with? Or is there a guideline to follow on choosing what weights to start with? Sorry for all the questions, hehe.

Cheers

Martin

·
12,416 Posts
i mean you have all the weights you need to use db`s instead of bar if you wish :cool:

yup walking is that good if done briskly enuff..when i say brisk i mean walk your aRse off lol

pick a weight that you can use for 3 sets and then aim for total failure or close to it on last rep of last set.

if you get it wrong dont panic..just rep out to your max and add abit more next time.

read this.

http://www.musclechat.co.uk/bodybuilding-training/30029-advice-how-improve-my-routine.html

·
12,416 Posts
thatd be fine if it didnt have those spinlock collars on the barbell.

theyre ok for db`s but if you have 1 plate either side with BB it takes aaages to change the plates.

first couple of workouts are just feelers to get your working weight right.

at first you wont be able to push too hard anyway if youre keeping form strict.

its difficult to explain but as you progress you`ll learn to work harder each week.

train hard at first but use a bit of common sense and dont go nuts...

no pain no gain is dangerously misinterpreted bollx perpetuated by gungo ho postings from d1ckheads lol

ie i dont often respond to postings by those who wanna get ripped for summer..if ya get me..

this isnt a sprint its a marathon dude :cool:

there was sommat else i was gonna say but its gone now lol

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, cheers again for your info :) is there any weights sets that you would recommend? I am a bit tight on cash, so cant go too mad with the cost :p

Yeah, I am ready to start a new life style, realise it will take a long time till I see any toning, wish it happened overnight eh? lol!!

Cheers

Martin

·
Getting HUGE!
5,881 Posts
Can you not join a gym, you get alot out of a gym and once you get started it can pay dividands, what is your diet like, this has far more to do with getting in shape than your training, and I would say that 16 stone is your ideal weight unless you are already heavily muscled, but well done for the progress you have already made!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.