UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I've been following a carb cycling diet now for a fair while with good success but was wondering on the effect large amounts of fats (Coconut oil, olive oil, fish oil caps) will have on my long term health.

Daily fat intake from olive oil/coconut oil varies from 125g (low carb day) to 80g (high carb day). From fish oil caps it is 7g (low carb day) and 2g (High carb day).

Fats from these sources are good for the body and training, but what about in these quantities? Any long term health issues you have heard about?

I've tried searching but to no avail, so its over to you if you know of anything!

Cheers

·
Getting HUGE!
2,920 Posts
Agreed, if it's good fats you're consuming the levels you're talking about are fine.

I rarely consume less than 125g of fat per day. Mostly from EVOO, fish oils and almonds.

·
Don't count your reps, make your reps count!
3,647 Posts
Prodiver said:
OP - read Dr Malcolm Kendrick's book The Great Cholesterol Con. (Cheap on Amazon.)

Well done again Joe - have you read it?
Yeah, I've read 'The Great Cholesterol Con' just haven't managed to get round to consuming the small quantity of alcohol he recommends. LOL

Good book, and good scientific reason for me to 'chill the fcuk out' LOL

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
B|GJOE said:
Yeah, I've read 'The Great Cholesterol Con' just haven't managed to get round to consuming the small quantity of alcohol he recommends. LOL

Good book, and good scientific reason for me to 'chill the fcuk out' LOL
Yes - totally convincing evidence that stress, not diet, is the cause of cardio-vascular disease... :beer: (Bit of beneficial alcohol for you...)

·
3,647 Posts
Murray said:
Yeah I can see that happening REAL soon mate!!!!! :thumb:
Because I know you in the real world Murray, you can fcuk off!! LOL

How's that for chilled! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

·
5,555 Posts
Rich-B said:
Agreed, if it's good fats you're consuming the levels you're talking about are fine.

I rarely consume less than 125g of fat per day. Mostly from EVOO, fish oils and almonds.
While transfats may be inadvisable, it turns out that there's no evidence whatsoever that saturated fats are bad for you, nor do they cause cardio-vascular disease.

Butter, olive oil, mayo and vinaigrettes - MMMMMM!

·
3,647 Posts
Prodiver said:
While transfats may be inadvisable, it turns out that there's no evidence whatsoever that saturated fats are bad for you, nor do they cause cardio-vascular disease.

Butter, olive oil, mayo and vinaigrettes - MMMMMM!
Are you now living the high fat low carb life Provider?

I am currently working away, and living in hotel at the moment, and my diet is.

Meal 1: 4 Fried Eggs and 3 Bacon at the hotel, and a big swig of fish oil.

Meal 2: Whey Protein with EVOO

Meal 3: 6 Raw Egg (no facility to cook 'em)

Meal 4: As 2

Meal 5: As 3

Meal 6: 100g Peanut Butter

Meal 7: Whey Protein with Flax Oil.

Now that's bodybuilding on a budget:

For 5 days away, it costs me about £7 in eggs, breakfast on the company, about 1kg of whey £16, a big Jar of Natty Peanut Butter £2.60, EVOO about £3, and Flax half price at H&B £5.

Total bill under £30, all good calories. Mind you, can't wait to get out of living in hotels and eat some solid food, but just proof it can be done. Also, if I was on carbs, 1 bag of Oats @ 50p would fill that gap too, still under £30.

·
5,555 Posts
B|GJOE said:
Are you now living the high fat low carb life Provider?...
By current thinking I always have done - farmer's son, me, used to lots of meat, game, fish, cheese, eggs, milk, nuts, olive oil (and vinegar), mayo...

Love fruit, salads and veggies too, though.

I seem to be rudely healthy and fit for my years... :)

·
3,647 Posts
Prodiver said:
By current thinking I always have done - farmer's son, me, used to lots of meat, game, fish, cheese, eggs, milk, nuts, olive oil (and vinegar), mayo...

Love fruit, salads and veggies too, though.

I seem to be rudely healthy and fit for my years... :)
Mmmmm I wonder why. :confused1: :confused1:

Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with your diet.....

You never know... :tongue:

·
Is famine-resistant :P
1,052 Posts
You two are doing wonders for my diet, that cholesterol vid is interesting (I watched it a while ago one one of the other 2000 threads it's posted on lol) And it turns out that most of my fave foods ARE suitable for a bodybuilding diet. Reps to you both :)

2,488 Posts
B|GJOE said:
Are you now living the high fat low carb life Provider?

I am currently working away, and living in hotel at the moment, and my diet is.

Meal 1: 4 Fried Eggs and 3 Bacon at the hotel, and a big swig of fish oil.

Meal 2: Whey Protein with EVOO

Meal 3: 6 Raw Egg (no facility to cook 'em)

Meal 4: As 2

Meal 5: As 3

Meal 6: 100g Peanut Butter

Meal 7: Whey Protein with Flax Oil.

Now that's bodybuilding on a budget:

For 5 days away, it costs me about £7 in eggs, breakfast on the company, about 1kg of whey £16, a big Jar of Natty Peanut Butter £2.60, EVOO about £3, and Flax half price at H&B £5.

Total bill under £30, all good calories. Mind you, can't wait to get out of living in hotels and eat some solid food, but just proof it can be done. Also, if I was on carbs, 1 bag of Oats @ 50p would fill that gap too, still under £30.
joe,

i dont mean to sound like a idiot, but is this a cutting diet??

·
3,647 Posts
oliver Roberts said:
joe,

i dont mean to sound like a idiot, but is this a cutting diet??
Oh no no no

It looks like one, but i'm not just adding a tablespoon of oil to shakes, I'm leathering them in fat. Total calories are probably near 4000. It's just hard to eat proper when staying in Hotel all week. Whey is also not just a scoop, more like 60g, hence getting through about a kilo in 5 or 6 days.

·
Cutting properly this time 1lb a week until I am h
634 Posts
If fat isn't a problem that why does it have to be cottage cheese instead of normal cheese? I'm a novice when it comes to diet and love cheese but haven't been eating it.

·
3,647 Posts
Always Injured said:
If fat isn't a problem that why does it have to be cottage cheese instead of normal cheese? I'm a novice when it comes to diet and love cheese but haven't been eating it.
Because cheese gives you nightmares. Cmon Everyone knows that!

You can eat cheese if you want, but most good cheese is 50% fat, and 25% protein, so if you want about 40 to 50g protein before bed then you will end up taking in 100g of fat. Not that this is a problem, but that's a whopping 900 calories in fat, and you do need to watch the calories to some extent.

·
Enjoys a good poo on works time
2,843 Posts
Prodiver said:
OP - read Dr Malcolm Kendrick's book The Great Cholesterol Con. (Cheap on Amazon.)

Well done again Joe - have you read it?
Love this, so ONE doctor out of thousands says it's a con so you believe him? And he sells the book to keep everyone informed, not to be controvertial and make money. :whistling:

Get sick of mentioning the missus but she is a coronary care sister, is she being conned by the countless people who have heart attacks at a young age who's only sysmtoms are high cholesterol?

Just like steroids aren't bad for your health either. Despite her seeing people having heart problems from them . Told a former Mr Britain a while back I was going on steds again and he said, be careful as there is a lot of research coming out now proving the links between steroids and heart disease. One of the biggies is the raising of bad cholesterol by steroids.

REmind me again what Dr Aitken (the ultimate keto preacher) died from again and what age

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.