UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Its been awhile since I have been here, moving into the new house took a lot longer than I had planned (it ain't over yet), internet was down for awhile etc etc.

Finally I have found a gym, I saw all the local ones from which I picked one based on several factors (a) the staff were helpful ( B) good opening hours and © there was a good and substantial mix of freeweights and machines. Even though this is not a hardcore gym the guy who took me round was very built and almost burst into song when I indicated I was interested in freeweights and not just machines. Also given the price of fuel I had to abandon any gym which involved a lengthy drive which took a few out of the running. Sadly there aren't it seems any hardcore gyms within less than 40 miles each way which is very expensive mileage wise so I plumped for this gym. It may not be what most here would term ideal but there is plenty of room, its quiet during the day which suits me fine and the built guy seems very helpful, he didn't do the big "sell" on me, it's not his gym, so overall I felt encouraged. I also feel that a gym is what you make of it, it's all there for the using and its what you put in you will get out....

So tomorow is it, the start, and here'e where I could use some help, really any thoughts...I appreciate I have to start from the beginning and you can't beat experience so if any of you have any thoughts on how to begin, simple dietry plans, basic foundation building blocks i.e "if I had known then what I know now" type stuff. Three workouts a week to start with then I hope to split that up into 6 days, from what I have read here split routines are the norm. I currently weigh in at 118 kilos (18.6 stone), I need to lose the fat but still keep the size swapping fat for muscle if thats possible...I have no problem with cardio work but I don't want to work out, losing size if that is at all possible. I know nothing so any experieced folk here's thoughts would be great.

many thanks

Andrew

G

·
Welcome back mate, tbh exchanging fat for muscle is not going to work at least not to the point that you stay the same weight but get lean.

Good luck and post up specific Q's.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that was a fairly rude awakening but I knew I was in for a bit of a bump, it went fairly well but there is a long Long way to go, never mind it'll keep me out of trouble and off the streets, whats more it'll be something good to focus on through our winter and as a huge plus I was not the fattest person there which was a relief, the trainer was great.. I shall sleep very soundly of that there is no doubt.

Andrew

·
is realising, diet, traing, rest, supplements, 12
578 Posts
if you were the fattest or the skinniest it shouldnt matter mate. I know its a bit of a mental obsticle but you shouldnt be in the gym to compare yourself, theres always someone better and someone worse, the only eprson you should be aiming to beat is yourself.

As for any advice as said already READ THE STICKIES< cant emphasise that enough, so much info in there. You could read mens health for the next decade and not get 10% as much useful info as there are in there. best of luck :D

·
Getting HUGE!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
irwit said:
if you were the fattest or the skinniest it shouldnt matter mate. I know its a bit of a mental obsticle but you shouldnt be in the gym to compare yourself, theres always someone better and someone worse, the only eprson you should be aiming to beat is yourself.

As for any advice as said already READ THE STICKIES< cant emphasise that enough, so much info in there. You could read mens health for the next decade and not get 10% as much useful info as there are in there. best of luck :D
Thanks for that, yes of course you are quite right, it really didn't matter that I was not the fattest or slimmest...it was more a figure of speech thinking thank god I hadn't left it THAT long or let it go THAT much...it was more a small relief...I wasn't really comparing myself to anyone but I get your meaning entirely...there will always be people better than us thats why we strive to be better...not perfect but better and yes everyday will be trying to improve on myself and my personal performance each time...sure there will be days when nothing comes together or the status quo remains the same, plateaus etc..

As for the stickies I am having a good read and trying to take it in but there is a lot so "slowly slowly catchy monkey", shan't bother with "Mens Health" not really my bag...add to which they aint cheap and I would rather save my pennies...

Thanks for the coments though I do appreciate it.

Tomorow is Cardio...

Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts