UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Gym Addict
162 Posts
Its a complete joke Tom did not get a call out, to be honest I didnt even realise. Tom is a class bodybuilder and a true credit to the sport, and I would be terrible upset myself.

I know Tom will come back from this a better bodybuilder because thats just the strengh of his character and im sure you all will agree with me.

·
Moderator, Applied Sports Nutritionist
12,597 Posts
For a minute on stage I thought you wouldnt either Shaun.

Some funny callouts/decisions the whole day apparently.

Was disappointing but I'll come back better next time. Then there'll be no question of me getting overlooked

:D

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
Tinytom said:
For a minute on stage I thought you wouldnt either Shaun.

Some funny callouts/decisions the whole day apparently.

Was disappointing but I'll come back better next time. Then there'll be no question of me getting overlooked

Tom, what are your aims and goals for this year on how to improve? For example is there anything about your look you feel needs improving?

·
12,597 Posts
Vince - pretty much echoes what everyone has said so you can understand why I was a little annoyed after.

Willsey - I am taking a year off next year, I have to get my gym open and develop my hypnotherapy business and I just wont be able to do that if I have to diet in June again for the finals.

As for my physique I think just a little more fullness and density all over would help my physique be better on stage. Im not chasing size although I weighed in at 84kg on the day so in theory I have 6 kilos of muscle that I can add in that time.

·
Gym Addict
162 Posts
Yeah bro, I was Cr*aping my pants, the callouts were WEIRD!!!

But Tom, I meant was said sincerly, the sport needs more guys like you. Your a champ.

I weight was 81kg, we both have lots more to pack on.

·
12,597 Posts
I was 88 last year Nytol. I knew that I had to be leaner so Harold and I devised a plan to get more conditioned.

Now that its done I can say that considering my year I did quite well against my previous.

I did the british last year with a shoulder injury and then had November training before I had to stop over December and January for the surgery in Feb.

I started training again in March and most of March was light recovery weight training.

Then I had April and May to get up to speed before starting my diet in June.

So only 3 months of proper off season training between diets, plus surgery to recover from.

Im still not really properly recovered hence the reason Im taking 2-3 months off training now to recover more fully.

Considering those odds I did OK in terms of my condition but like I said all along this year would be more about getting back into the swing of things.

Now I have business plans for next year I dont see the point of dieting for potentially a repeat of the weekend if Im not recovered enough. Plus dieting and setting up a new business dont go well together.

So a year off it will be and I'll be back onstage at the Portsmouth in 2010.

·
12,597 Posts
sbigpecs said:

But Tom, I meant was said sincerly, the sport needs more guys like you. Your a champ.

Yeah when you werent called out first I was a bit taken back as well.

I know that you meant it sincerely mate, I wont ever stop liking the competition bug but sometimes it bites you quite hard lol.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
sbigpecs said:

Shaun, have you considered dropping to the under 80 like James L did or do you think the extra muscle will help you get that pro card. We know it worked for James so was wondering if you thought about this also.

Tom, i forgot you mentioned about starting up your business so good luck with that. Hopefully in this time you can pack on that extra size and density you want and when you come back to the stage it will make a big impact

·
Newbie Trainer
28 Posts
you look good tom, i cant understand why everyone in the class doesnt get at least one call out, surley you earn that right by being the elite athletes in the country for your weight catergories?????

also i saw darren nicholhurst in leeds two weeks ago and his condtion was poor and robbed the title that day, i wasnt at the final but judging by his condition then i think he needed more then two weeks to make the top 6 at the final, nevermind take 3rd, especially when competitors in toms and paul locks condition dont get one callout!!!!

·
Gym Addict
249 Posts
I thought you were completely overlooked bro, it was a highly competative class but you should have been called out to pose with the others, when you first walked out on stage i truly thought you were guna make the evening show no problems.

Scary to think what you would look like with 6 more kilos of muscle!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.