UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

tinned fish, thai fish cakes

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  2004mark 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
right, i use tinned pink salmon for this but ive used tuna and it worked exactly the same (just tasted better with salmon!)

ingredients:

130g of tinned fish of your choice (i wanna try it with crab soon!)

72g of egg white (reckon 1 large whole egg as a sub)

mixed peppers, 1 thin slice of each, chopped

zest of 1 lime and some juice (adjust to taste)

tbsp diced onion

tbsp diced spring onion

generous dash of: chilli powder, ginger powder, fish seasoning, black pepper

2 large cubes of cooked frozen spinach, drained (wanna try this with green beans next time)

2 tsp of fish sauce/nam-pla

2 tsp of thai red curry paste

3 splenda tabs crushed

im also gonna try adding some coconut milk/coconut oil in the mix next time

mix all ingredients extremely well, making sure all mixture is covered by the egg whites

and place on the george foreman (or grill) in 4 rounded balls, mr.foreman's weight will push down the balls and create the perfect fishcake automatically

grill till golden brown on top

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDE0LTAwMjc1LmpwZw.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
tried these this morning with a yogurt and mint dip and must honestly say that i have never tasted anything more delicious in my life, so much so i had to make another batch. lol, the wife came down from bed and asked me what i was up too. she smelt them cooking and she thought that i was making her breakfast in bed. lol, as soon as they where beeing cooked i was destroying them bit by bit. the george foreman and salmon are the best way to eat these, thanks for the recipe matey!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.