UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Herbalife Enthusiast
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some quick advice. Basically im sitting at a nice size atm, very good amount of bulk, fairly lean and fairly visible abs, but would like to get them out a bit more and look a bit more "Tighter".

Not wanting to cut diet because I still want to add size just gradually add size but chip some fat off. How do I propose to do this?

Was thinking dropping carbs down to about 350g per day but keep protein at about 380/400g. Fat say 120g. I train about 4 days a week 2 on 1 off. Hard intense training. But was gonna chuck in 30 min cardio fast paced walking in morning and night so 1 hour per day? say 6 days a week? Throw in some vit c, and maybe mild on shelf diuretic such as aquaban just to drain any water make me feel tighter, also possibly add in a fat burner to take before doing the said cardio. I know im not gonna lose tons of weight but im not to interested in that, mainly just losing some fat/water but keeping my size and keep adding to it as my diet is good.

Oppinions? (Expert oppinions would be appreciated! such as big,pscarb, dutch, tt etccc)

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
well im not an expert but i would look at cycling the carbs. keep as they are on training days but reduce them to 150 on non training.

on non training do 30 mins cv in the am and another 30 mins HIT in the evening.

On training days just do 30 mins cv in the am.

vit c, higher dose green tea and even an eca stack would all be usefull and i reckon you could tighten up a fair bit in 4 weeks then get back to gaining

·
Enjoys a good poo on works time
2,843 Posts
SK-XO said:
Looking for some quick advice. Basically im sitting at a nice size atm, very good amount of bulk, fairly lean and fairly visible abs, but would like to get them out a bit more and look a bit more "Tighter".

Not wanting to cut diet because I still want to add size just gradually add size but chip some fat off. How do I propose to do this?

Was thinking dropping carbs down to about 350g per day but keep protein at about 380/400g. Fat say 120g. I train about 4 days a week 2 on 1 off. Hard intense training. But was gonna chuck in 30 min cardio fast paced walking in morning and night so 1 hour per day? say 6 days a week? Throw in some vit c, and maybe mild on shelf diuretic such as aquaban just to drain any water make me feel tighter, also possibly add in a fat burner to take before doing the said cardio. I know im not gonna lose tons of weight but im not to interested in that, mainly just losing some fat/water but keeping my size and keep adding to it as my diet is good.

Oppinions? (Expert oppinions would be appreciated! such as big,pscarb, dutch, tt etccc)
Just a quick one, aren't you a natty? Not that I'm an expert, far from it, but 350-400g of protein isd a waste of money surely as you just cannot utilise it. Maybe some on larger doses can but I was told at my size not to exceed 300 -350g on cycle as it'd be a waste, 200-250 off. Was told you just cannot utilse that much protein without gear and you just give yourself bowel problems

·
Herbalife Enthusiast
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hilly said:
well im not an expert but i would look at cycling the carbs. keep as they are on training days but reduce them to 150 on non training.

on non training do 30 mins cv in the am and another 30 mins HIT in the evening.

On training days just do 30 mins cv in the am.

vit c, higher dose green tea and even an eca stack would all be usefull and i reckon you could tighten up a fair bit in 4 weeks then get back to gaining
150g not a bit low if wanting to gain size? I know it's a bit of a shot in the dark wanting to gain size and keep tight, not asking to get ripped up or that lol, just stay nice and lean with visi abs i'd be happy with

Could give it a shot though. Or even 350g carb on training and 200/250g? on non training and ok 30 min on training day in morning and on non training 2 sessions of 30 min? Cheers.

·
Herbalife Enthusiast
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BillC said:
Just a quick one, aren't you a natty? Not that I'm an expert, far from it, but 350-400g of protein isd a waste of money surely as you just cannot utilise it. Maybe some on larger doses can but I was told at my size not to exceed 300 -350g on cycle as it'd be a waste, 200-250 off. Was told you just cannot utilse that much protein without gear and you just give yourself bowel problems
Yeah mate. And not sure I thought because im not taking in mega carbs just keep protein higher just so im safe for building, recovering etc. My sessions are pretty fkn intense to say the least. But not sure?

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
unfortunatly gaining any muscle at a reasonable rate and dropping bf at a reasonable rate is very very hard to do assisted never mind natty. pick ure path and go with it. a mini cut for 4 weeks will give u what u want then boooom back to bulking

·
Herbalife Enthusiast
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sy. said:
Any particular reason your wanting to tighten up? :lol:
So it makes me feel better + easier for dieting next year if I stay tight as poss, and lean as poss. Im not expecting to be ripped, just tighter than I am now.

·
Herbalife Enthusiast
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hilly said:
unfortunatly gaining any muscle at a reasonable rate and dropping bf at a reasonable rate is very very hard to do assisted never mind natty. pick ure path and go with it. a mini cut for 4 weeks will give u what u want then boooom back to bulking
Yah that could be more beneficial however I was just looking to get a bit tighter, but mini cut could do but don't want to lose much size lol.

·
Herbalife Enthusiast
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LittleChris said:
Seems like a fair amount of food.

Just add in 30mins cardio a few times a week and see how that works for you.
Yah thats what I was thinking mate, im eating a lot but I just don't want to get to bloated/fat because come diet time it's an absolute cnut to knock it all off lol.

·
Herbalife Enthusiast
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tbh its probs just my own insecurities, have severe body dismorphya to the max.

If I keep my diet clean, but just cut carbs back a little overall would that be more beneficial then the carb cycle?

·
Looking Freaky
772 Posts
personally, i had the same goal in Jan-March this year. i had the plan to compete later in the year(and have), so in Jan i decided to add in 3mornings of fasted 30min CV, oats were 100g and rice was 300g, feb i upped CV to 4mornings, oats 80g and rice 280g, mar CV*5, oats 80g, rice 260g. this gradual increase in CV and decrease in carbs allowed me to maintain my size/weight whilst dropping bodyfat, unassisted.

so begin with trying including some fasted AM CV, but record everything!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.