UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from y
1,916 Posts
The crocs just didn't want the grub and they let the tiger have it cos let's face it if the crocs had of wanted it then the tiger would have no chance against a croc in his own territory. :thumbup1:

·
Newbie Trainer
59 Posts
Quite cool.I love watching the majestic strength of a 50 stone tiger. I also like watching the vids of leopards dragging a fully grown antelope up a tree with apparent ease etc. Big cats are cool

Wasn't the tiger playing with fire going into the water so deep though?

I saw a vid of a tiger killing a crocodile the other day actually, but that was on land. He just pinned him down and bit through the crocodiles head!

·
Gym Addict
437 Posts
subterfuge said:
Quite cool.I love watching the majestic strength of a 50 stone tiger. I also like watching the vids of leopards dragging a fully grown antelope up a tree with apparent ease etc. Big cats are cool

Wasn't the tiger playing with fire going into the water so deep though?

I saw a vid of a tiger killing a crocodile the other day actually, but that was on land. He just pinned him down and bit through the crocodiles head!
Tigers normally kill by severing the spinal cord, thats what happened to that croc, base of the skull, no chance for the croc on land.

·
Patch is no Match
7,045 Posts
what you have to realise is i dont think tigers see crocs as prey items and vice versa...The both have ferocious teeth and show they are not scared of eachother. I can pretty much bet the growl of the tiger is very intimidating even to a croc. So i reckon they are both cautious of each other and not willing on taking the chance of fighting something they might not survive.

Its like any animal even a human can stare down a lion at times our height gives us an advantage,,,But if it came down to the crunch the lion would almost certainly win...The only documented case of this which I can find bare handed killing a lion was samson out of the bible...good factual information in that book! It was a shame though that delayla cut of his hair ridding him of his super powers and thus making it easier for his foes to pull out his eyes..But he did get revenge though grew his hair back and pushed two pillars down causing a whole city to collapse, back to topic....

The other thing that strikes to mind on the subject is that you can kill a bear with a sling shot because King david did it whilst a little kid...

I think a croc generally has more of a chance at winning a fight because of its armour making it hard for the tiger to penetrate...Niether animal though has knowledge of each others capabilities... Thats my thought on the matter anyway

·
Patch is no Match
7,045 Posts
mr.buffnstuff said:
that tiger was a beast! iirc crocs dont tend to attack in water? the prey on sh!t on the waters edge
They do go for wilder beast crossing through rives alot of the time when they get in the middle tbh...i dnt think a croc will wait for you to get on land before they decide to eat you....Wheres the logic in that?

·
Pisti kang yawa'a ka
1,911 Posts
Even the biggest crocs don't stand a chance against a tiger outside of water, where crocs do spend a lot of time. Even if a tiger couldn't penetrate the hard skin of a crocs neck, it would compress it enough to break its neck.

30 second mark..

·
Newbie Trainer
59 Posts
offo said:
Lion and tiger fight to death.... i really dont enjoy watching that video to be honest]

Same.

Morbid curiosity lead me to watch a number of these lion vs tiger vids a year or so ago.

I haven't actually clicked on your link, but the tiger basically ALWAYS wins.

There was one in Korea were they put them into a little lare where they inevitably fought, and the tiger looked like it broke the jaw of the lion, possibly resulting in its death :(

I remember another one where a tiger took on a huge male lion as well as a few other lions at the same time!

I can think of one video out of about 12 where the lion appeared to kill the tiger.

Tigers are awesome fighters. Its their ability to use and stand on their back legs that gives them both leverage and an ability to throw their powerful front paws like a boxer that gives them the advantage over lions.

(edit: Ok, I have just watched your clip for a few seconds. I think that is the one where the lion wins??. It is part of a film. However, I believe the story is that they unexpectedly began fighting on the set and despite effortsm nobody was able to break it up, and it was all filmed and used in the film. Either way, its a heavily edited piece of film. I'd say it wasn't a clear win. The film ended with a quick shot of the tiger lying down, which could have been filmed any time and just tacked onto the end.

)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.