UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
my mum and dad used to live a lot nearer to alton towers then i now do (somewhere in cheshire so we used to always do the trip in one day

i now live nearer bolton but we decided to do it in one day again the other month, 16 mile round trip but we got the tickets off lastminute.com for £22 each

agreed the hotels expensive by the looks of it (apparantly its nice though)

never been to thorpe park so i'm going to say alton towers but i suppose it depends on what age your lad is

·
where did that six pack go.....?
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the tips lads, my son is 12 almost 13 but going on 30 lol

his mum took him to thorpe park once and he loved it so perhaps i'll go for AT as it's winning hands down lol

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
Depends what you like really, ive been to both and theyve got some awesome rides

AT - oblivion, rita queen of speed, air, nemisis, ripsaw, some thing where you go about in a car thing and shoot zombies with lazer tag guns, ohh and that new ride 13

Thorpe park - this fvck off log fume thats like 75-100ft high think its called tidal wave, and boy does it make a hell of a wave when you get to the bottom! Collossus (world first 10 loop rollercoaster) river rapids, no way out (backwards in the dark roller coaster) and the new saw ride which looks nuts!

Thats allni can think off with the rides but in terms of awesome ness id say thorpe park cause most of alton towers roller coasters are the same, airs like nemisis except the leg dangling cart tilts like your flying, rita just goes fast theres no loops etc

Where as thorpe parks rides have more excitement, collossus has 10 fvcking loops! The saw one makes you think your going to get chopped up based on the advert, no way out as i said goes backwards and its in the dark!

Hope this helps a bit :) lol

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
Alton Towers...but it has to be a 2 dayer. I stayed in a Premier Inn 5 mins away, bout £35 for the night. Great fun.

Thorpe park is fun and good if you just want to do a day. But Alton is like a town in comparison lol

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
alton towers but stay over 2 days.

i went with the missus but the queues are so long that you spend 2/3 of the day zig zagging around a line.

Rides break down as well so your left gutted if you only go 1 day.

·
Yeaaaah Buddy!
943 Posts
IMO opinion Thorpe park is much better.

Alton towers is way to spread out, you spend all day walking. Rides at thorpe park are better....saw beats oblivion.......stealth beats rita.......both got nemesis........air is good but thorpe park has collosus which is good.

Zombie laser thing a alton towers was ****. We went on fright night and it didnt even work. Alton towers often has breakdowns

Both parks have their fair share of thrill rides so IMO it comes down to value for money and how many rides you can get on in one day, which is thorpe park.

Oh and I live in the south east so it doesn't take a day worth of driving to get there!!

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
I hadn't been to alton towers in over ten years so not sure how new it was but they have a single riders queuing system now where you can get on rides quicker if you dont mind getting split up

I went with the missus and after a bit we decided to start going on as single riders to avoid queuing for 9+ minutes (as we did for nemesis possibly wont help with your lad but the rides where you go on in 4's (nemesis) are great for this

to be honest 3 of the rides did temporarily break down when we was there and 13 is w**k

·
Enjoys a good poo on works time
2,843 Posts
Last time I went to Alton Towers they had fast passes on all the big rides where you go ta time slot and saved queing, or has that now gone?? Was an idea they nicked from Disney.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.