UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
getting there!
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you watched the film this is england, there is a 4 part series following on from it to start on channel 4 in september, the film was good so it could be a good watch.

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
PowerHouseMcGru said:
I hate racism and the film (although was trying to show how ridiculous it is) will make a lot of n0bs out there think its good and cool.
Kinda disagree with you there.

People with prejudice already in them will think its cool because of this. But those without it wouldnt watch that film and think "cool, lets kill a black guy".

Those that hate rascism will see it for what it truly is. A sad depiction of what our country is going through. (wanted to say gone through, but sadly its as current today as it was then , even tho was set in a previous time).

Films like this (IMO) only do good. It doesnt create more rascists, merely shows how pathetic rascism really is.

So no, i dont think it feeds and creates more rascism, if anything, it does the opposite.

·
United > England
2,031 Posts
1Tonne said:
Kinda disagree with you there.

People with prejudice already in them will think its cool because of this. But those without it wouldnt watch that film and think "cool, lets kill a black guy".
but thats the issue, too many in society are like that

·
Getting HUGE!
1,643 Posts
Saw the film on release, I was 16 in 1986 remember the fashions and music and first few sniffs of the barmaids skirt.

As to the racism of the time it was riffe from all sides to all peeps. By 1989 we were all in a field off our tits on E's and being loved up.

·
Gobby
10,533 Posts
I've not seen this but want to - in the 80s I went to the actual school that was shown in the film, and I grew up in Notts so would love to see if it was actually anything like my childhood :lol:

·
Football Fantasy - Real Faketeam
695 Posts
Should be good. Is it set a few years later then, because Shaun will be about 16+ now. I saw the advert and thought... DUDE.

I liked that kid as an actor. I was impressed when I learned that he was picked because he was raw and wasn't actually a child actor when he auditioned, just a normal kid.

·
ALPHABIX for breakfast every day.
3,746 Posts
The lad out of it, Tommy Turgoose lives round my way, knew his ex girlfriend actually, you'd maybe think hes's pretty rich or whatever but he's just a little chav doing a photography course at college.

Ill deffo watch it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.