UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
18 Posts
Hi guys, I'm a relative newbie on here, been browsing for a few months having a gander at what's what and so forth.

I'm contemplating running my first cycle in a months time and would just like to know if you guys think it's sensible or not?

A little bit about me

Age - 23

Height - 6'3"

Weight - 13st 7lb

Body fat - circa 13/14%

Been training solidly for about 15 months now

Training programme is as follows

Monday - biceps

Tuesday - cardio

Wednesday - chest

Thursday - cardio

Friday - shoulders/tri's

Saturday - rest

Sunday - cardio

Diet is fairly good with calorie intake circa 3000 kcal a day, I don't drink although do smoke occasionaly

I'm planning on running a Dbol and Anavar cycle, split as follows

Weeks 1-3 - 40mg Dbol e/d

Weeks 4-5 - 20mg Dbol and 20mg Anavar e/d

Weeks 6-8 - 40mg Aanavar e/d

Weeks 7-10 -Nolva & Clomid as PCT - need to do some more research into what dosages to take, or if anyone can recommend for me?

I'm not looking for mammoth gains, would just like to get to a solid 14 stone and appear to be a bit more "ripped" with an increase in strength obviously.

Any help and opinions will be kindly taken on board

·
Blessed by Mother Nature, Cursed by Father Time!
1,733 Posts
Hi Rob

Training routine looks a bit freaky...A whole workout each on tiny little muscles like biceps & pecs, and no mention of a heavy leg or back session? To make the most of any course you need to get your training & diet right, how about something along the lines of....

Mon: Quad Ham Calf

Tues: Chest Tri

Wed: Rest

Thurs: Back Trap

Fri: Delt Bi

Include heavy squats, benching & deads in the routine, concentrating on lifting with good form with progressive addition of weight.

Also have a look at the 5x5 routine that lots of people rave about, though it did nothing for me!

Good luck

·
Gym Addict
110 Posts
not sure your ready bro . . .

back or legs doesn't appear to be in your workout routine? they are the two largest muscle groups?? ^^^^This is a good routine get legs out the way first!

I wouldn't say I was a big guy and at 14% bodyfat I have been near 13 stone 7lbs natural, and I'm 5'11 at 6'3 I'm sure you could gain a lot more naturally. List out a typical days diet . . .

·
Advanced Personal Trainer & Nutrition Advisor. Boa
3,527 Posts
Right so you want to dk gear but you don't train legs?

Training legs with allow your natural testosterone and growth hormone levels to be elevated in the body enough to trigger a LOT of need development in the overall body I'd do this for at least another 12-15 months before thinking about assistance mate

·
Premium Member
17,859 Posts
Diet is fairly good with calorie intake circa 3000 kcal a day, I don't drink although do smoke occasionaly

I'm planning on running a Dbol and Anavar cycle, split as follows

Weeks 1-3 - 40mg Dbol e/d

Weeks 4-5 - 20mg Dbol and 20mg Anavar e/d

Weeks 6-8 - 40mg Aanavar e/d

Weeks 7-10 -Nolva & Clomid as PCT - need to do some more research into what dosages to take, or if anyone can recommend for me?

As well as including the 2 major muscle groups you seem to have missed out :confused1: I would increase your calories by 500 per day possibly from protein to see if you can gain that way.

As for your cycle plan then its all to c0ck.

Why drop 20mg dbol and also add 20mg anavar at week 4??

Anavar at 40mg is virtually useless also and why would you start PCT at week 7 while still running anavar until week 8???

·
Newbie Trainer
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry that was a bit of a half ****d first post wasn't it!

I tend to not do any leg work, as I'm happy with my legs as they are, probably due to the amount of running and cycling that I do?

As regards to my back, I usualy encorporate bent over rows into fridays session and on the monday I do chin ups and pull ups as well, so it's kind of split over those 2 days.

My diet and times of eating vary because I work a mixture of shifts I work and the hours the canteen at work operates.

I planned the split between Dbol and Var to slowly get myself off one and start the other, firstly with the Dbol to generate th extra mass and then the Var to toughen it up so to speak.

But as I said any help and opionions are welcome and if you guys don't think I'm ready than who am I to argue as you are the ones who not what you're on about!

·
Gym Addict
110 Posts
Just list out a day's diet from this week . . . I'm sure there is a lot of work to do in this area.

If you can only do three days a week at the gym then I would split as follows;

mon legs/shoulders

wed back/bi

fri chest/tri

As for your cycle its pretty poor, an oral only cycle is not usually recommended but if you have to, choose just one and stick with it. Have you read up on any of the side affects of these compounds. Are you worried about hairloss at all becasue Dbol will scalp you if you are? Food for thought.

I would spend the next 6 months training all body parts, working on your diet and reading info on the boards then re-evaluate your situation.

·
Gym Addict
474 Posts
Well, In all fairness I do legs purely to stimulate testestorone, I dont want huge legs nor do I want them to rub, so I do them in moderation so I get them in, I can get slated if so but having huge legs and huge **** isnt something to attracts my attention

Moderately muscly and in proportion is all i want

·
3,527 Posts
Rekless said:
hate people who say they are happy with their legs. Always room for progression surely?
Agree and no offence but I hate it when people say due to cycling and running ...

·
Mr Universe
6,244 Posts
guys....if he doesnt want to train his legs its ok

imo he will look odd when he juices with legs far behind his torso....but if thats what he wants to do, it doesnt mean he shouldnt be allowed to use gear

i dont train traps, abs or calves because i cant be f'ed

i only train biceps about once a month, when i can be bothered

does this mean im not entitled to use gear?

·
Newbie Trainer
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Typical days diet would be the following if I was on a 0600-1400 shift

0500- protein bar and 3 weetabix

0730- 3 slices brown toast - no butter, 4 scrambled eggs, half a tin of beans, bowl of porridge

1000- shake

1230- jacket potato with tuna or something of the sorts

1500- small shake with creatine pre workout

1630- man size shake

1900- dinner, whatever mum serves up, she know's im training so will do something applicable such as good amount of chicken with either rice or pasta etc

In regards to my legs, I'm happier with the size/ definition of my legs than I am with my arms.

I would opt for an oral only cycle as I'm not a fan of needles and the associated risks surrounding them. Obviously there's risks taking orals but no chance of catching an infection or so forth.

Ojay - no offence taken, but have you never felt how much your quads can burn after a stonking ride, it has to be having some effect.

Once again thanks for your responses.

·
3,527 Posts
Yeah I have I'm a spin instructor too

It was just a thing we used to laugh at when we worked in gym with the ther guy on shift apologies of any offence caused just would be beneficial to train them for upper body....cheaperthan gear too :)

·
Newbie Trainer
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slightly owned myself asking you that didn't I! No offence taken mate, like I said you lot are the experts so anything said is taken on board.

I'll start chucking in a leg sesh once a week to see how it effects me.

·
Gym Addict
110 Posts
Rob R said:

0500- protein bar and 3 weetabix

0730- 3 slices brown toast - no butter, 4 scrambled eggs, half a tin of beans, bowl of porridge

1000- shake

1630- man size shake

1900- dinner, whatever mum serves up, she know's im training so will do something applicable such as good amount of chicken with either rice or pasta etc

In regards to my legs, I'm happier with the size/ definition of my legs than I am with my arms.

I would opt for an oral only cycle as I'm not a fan of needles and the associated risks surrounding them. Obviously there's risks taking orals but no chance of catching an infection or so forth.

Ojay - no offence taken, but have you never felt how much your quads can burn after a stonking ride, it has to be having some effect.

Bro, your diet def needs work . . . you only have 3 good meals from real food, all the rest is from supplements. You need to aim at 5-6 meals of real food, I know its not always practical but you have to work around whatever restraints you have whether that be preparing food the night before or getting up a little earlier. Shakes should only really be used post workout and bedtime imo. Without a solid diet the likelyhood is you will lose most of your gains after cycle.

Have a look at this;

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=113010

Also a blender is a great investment, if I am low on time I use raw egg/fruit shakes to add meals, sounds rank I know but actually really tasty, everyone is pleasantly suprised who tries them.

For example today I had one; two whole eggs, four egg whites, apple, half box blackberries, big handful of ice, sprinkle of sweetner.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,859 Posts
Rob R said:

0500- protein bar and 3 weetabix (whey protein instead of bar)

0730- 3 slices brown toast - no butter, 4 scrambled eggs, half a tin of beans, bowl of porridge (6 eggs and drop beans and porridge)

1000- shake (Add oats, fruit or peanut butter)

1630- man size shake (add WMS or maltodextrin)

22.00 Cottage cheese and Peanut butter or fish oil etc

Either stick to dbol or Anavar for this cycle for 6 weeks.

Results will be dependant on your diet

·
Newbie Trainer
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
G-Man, thanks for the dietry ammendment.

I think I'll add a leg routine in once a week and see how I get on for a few months. If I'm still not getting anywhere I may indulge in something.

Anyway thanks for all your help guys

·
"Each workout is like a brick in a building,every
8,318 Posts
Rob R said:
G-Man, thanks for the dietry ammendment.

I think I'll add a leg routine in once a week and see how I get on for a few months. If I'm still not getting anywhere I may indulge in something.

Anyway thanks for all your help guys
At 23 you'll gain well due to the natural hormone you have.

as lomg as you eat enough clean pro/carb/fat sleep well & train hard.

great advice Xpower lol.Shame I let it all go till mid 30s' lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.