UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been using Promax Extreme for 4 weeks now along with my training routine which is: (I do every major muscle in my body twice a week and don't train again until I'm fully healed, the muscles I train are: Chest, Shoulders, Lats, Triceps, Biceps, Forearms, Traps and abs. I do about 10-20 reps of 5 sets on each exercise apart from abs exercises). I take Promax Extreme 2 times a day on rest day with milk and 3 times a day on training days: With milk in the morning, water for post workout and with milk again before bed.

My goals are to increase strength and size. I don't want to get body builder big but more like MMA big. I ma quite a big build already and am slightly overweight so I'm wondering whether you could tell me what kind of supplements I should be taking. Also I don't want something with a lot of calories or carbs in it as I don't want to put on any more weight.

Thankyou

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
Firstly (wow, expensive way to spend on protein).

If your doing MMA style, you be looking more into conditioning firstly (so try looking into plyometric style training).

As for supplement wise, promax extreme is just a whey protein with bioenzemes (increase absobtion) and a few addivites like extra glutatmine and bcaas i belive.

Myprotnei True whey is quite similar (i've a coed on my tag for 5% discount).

Also, look into using an all rounder such as hurricane xs (which contains added glutamine, creatine and hmb to aid with muscle repair, growth and aid in energyy roduction via ATP energy system). However it comes with added carbs, but they do play their role in recovery/pre workout benefits.

As for your training, i'd do something like this;

Day 1 - Chest tri

Day 2 - Back bi

Day 3 - Cardio ?

Day 4 - Shoulders

Day 5 - Legs

You cannot neglect your legs!!!!!!! NONONONONONONO! Legs are essential for everything.

For strength you want lower reps (heavier weight) around 1-4 reps ideally (where you struggle, using a spotter may aid this).

For size - 3-7 reps usually (again til you struggle on the last rep).

Other supplements to consider;

ZMA - Testosterone support, very effective, even at a younger age (don't konw how old you are, i used this at 17 and felt it, a lot).

5htp - This helps you sleep, which aids in recovery.

Multivitamin - Obvious

Fish oils/flax oil - Helps with the bones, brain, cardiovasc syst and muscular system (A wide range of functions, could write a 100page essay probably lol).

Heres a few questions for you

Whats your experience on supplements?

How old are you? - Helps with supplement advice

What do you feel you need help with? - Recovery rate? Energy? Appetitie stimulation or suppression?

Also you could post you diet up (doesn't have to be 100% but fairly accurate along side your height, weight) - Allows us to understand how many calories you'll *roughly* need to maintain your weight and to maintain reasonable gains.

Binksy.

·
Newbie Trainer
6 Posts
Hi, thanks for the speedy response. I'll answer your questions as best I can:

-Yes I do train my legs as I play football twice a week and I count that as my cardio as well.

-I'm 17, 5'10'' (178cm) and around 13-13.5 stone (80-85kg).

-I feel I need help with Recovery rate the most as even though I get a good amount of sleep and take my Promax Extreme straight after training with water and later on in the evening with milk. It still takes me 3-4 days to recover fully.

My diet isn't very good to be honest and it's not very structured or routine as I just eat whatever whenever. As it is the summer holidays for me:

10am-1pm = (Protein Shake/w milk, then usuually have a bowl of cereal or toast and a cup of coffee with milk).

1pm-3pm = (Cheese or Ham sandwich, bag of crisps and a chocolate bar).

5pm-7pm = (Spaghetti Bologneise/Bacon and Egg fry up/ Sausages and potatoes etc...)

8pm-9pm = (Protein Shake/w milk).

On training days I have 3 protein shakes I add one in after my workout with water usually about 5pm.

My diet various from day to day so above is a rough idea. I usually snack junk in-between meals as well. and drink plenty of water and coffee.

My experience with supplements is fairly limited as I've only been using them for a month but I found Promax Extreme to be pretty good as in 3 weeks I had slight gains in definition and lean muscle size, Although it tastes nice with milk its not so good with water and is hard to mix/shake as its veryy gritty kinda like wet sand texture. I have also just recently purchased USN Pure Protein IGF-1 it tastes nice and mixes well and has good texture (like flour) even with water.

Hopefully this helps you, thanks again, I really appreciate the long post lol :)

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
For your age, body height and weight you'll probably need around 2800-3000 calories to maintain.

Google BMR calcultator for more accurate results.

As for your diet, you need to eat more regularly, and dump the junk food.

Get more lean meat in their (fish, chicken) add some nuts and seeds for the added omega oils and trace minerals.

And yea, train your legs, they're important!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.