UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen please, does anyone know if a PCT is needed for an anavar cycle and if so what would be a good one to use.

I have been advised in good faith by someone who has used it sucessfully before that its not needed but I'm interested to hear your views.

I had 60, 50mg round yellow anavar tablets to use, it was suggested I take 100mg per day for the first 2 weeks then 50mg per day until all gone.

I did it slightly differently and used 50mg per day for 2 weeks and just upped to 100mg per day for the last six days. I intend to use 100mg per day for another 8 days then 50mg until its gone.

I appear to be making very good gains in the last week but as this is my first cycle I cannot base it on anything else. I'm not looking for bulk, just losing some BF and maybe a little extra lean muscle.

I'll try to reply as least as possible on this thread and just read your opinions which will be gratefully received.

Thanks
 

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
8 Posts
First you should pick a dosage and stick with it. You want to keep your blood levels as even as possible.

Second, because var is not as strong as injectable's, you could get away with just running nolva by itself. But its always better to run a serm and an AI for a pct.
 
G

·
Depending on dose, 40-60 ed it may not shut your system down but will inhibit production to a degree, a Low dose can get away with nolva as var will not convert to eastrogen. Larger doses will affect more so add some clomid in the mix.
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
35,527 Posts
guys any steroid used in such a quantity to create muscle growth will suppress and then eventually shut the HPTA to think otherwise is just kidding yourself...

if Anavar is used alone then 50mg - 100mg is a decent dose depending on experiance, but you will want to keep it at a steady ;eve; throughout and for a min of 6 weeks but with Var 8-10 weeks is better....

to be honest mate you do not have enough Var to give you a decent cycle so either buy some more or wait and use it later....

As for PCT well PCT should not change depending on the cycle you use so a standard PCt can be used with Clomid and Nolva....i would suggest you do some research on PCT though...
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pscarb said:
guys any steroid used in such a quantity to create muscle growth will suppress and then eventually shut the HPTA to think otherwise is just kidding yourself...

if Anavar is used alone then 50mg - 100mg is a decent dose depending on experiance, but you will want to keep it at a steady ;eve; throughout and for a min of 6 weeks but with Var 8-10 weeks is better....

to be honest mate you do not have enough Var to give you a decent cycle so either buy some more or wait and use it later....

As for PCT well PCT should not change depending on the cycle you use so a standard PCt can be used with Clomid and Nolva....i would suggest you do some research on PCT though...
Hi, thanks for the advice.

My experience is zero, thats to say I've spent hours and hours reading about different compounds and PCT but this is the first time I've ever tried any.

I'm working on the advice of a pro guy I know and he told me at my stage not to touch any of the other stuff as I wasn't experienced enough but a short cycle of var will help me cut some BF and gain just a little muscle.

I asked about PCT and he said it was such a safe compound and I'd only be using it for a max of 6 weeks so I would be fine without any at all.

Obviously there are a lot of conflicting opinions about this and I'm really not sure which way to follow.

I'm commited really with the cycle as I'm almost 3 weeks into it.

If I stop now I'm not in a position to obtain any PCT as I'm not in the UK and well away from any sources I know. If I drop to 50mg a day what I have will last until I get back home and I can source the PCT.

I'm guessing this will draw some comments telling me I should have done more research but in my defence I did, and I also took the advice of a pro guy who still maintains I'll be fine without any PCT.

I'm not saying any advice here is wrong, I'm simply saying I don't know, there is a hell of a lot of conflicting advice even just on here.

Any more comments/advice are welcome....
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pscarb said:
can i ask if this guy is a Pro or you think he is?

bodyfat is reduced by diet not steroid but then gains on a cycle is more down to diet than steroid used....
For obvious reasons I'd rather not talk about the guy who advised me, suffice to say I've known him for a while and he stepped in because he heard people advising me to do a cycle of Dbol and he put a stop to it and told me I didn't know enough and wasn't ready for it. He said the anavar would be safe for someone of my experience for 6 weeks, I wouldn't get massive gains but it would help with my aim of cutting my BF and maybe putting on a little lean muscle.

And yes he told me there was no point taking anything unless my diet and training was good in the first place. So I spent a few weeks getting those in check (or at least what I think is good) then started the var.

I'm trying to get some definition not put on loads of bulk, I've already got enough muscle for how I want to look, but my BF is maybe in the low 20's and I have little definition.

I'm not really interested in becoming huge, I can't see me ever going from cycle to cycle to get massive. I'm into MMA and boxing.

So the guy advised the var, I read up on it for a few weeks, got it from someone I trust and you've read the rest.

I trusted the advice I was given so didn't get any PCT, now I'm commited but starting to flap because of all the conflicting advice I've read.

I've had pm's on other boards ranging from "oh man you're in big trouble with no PCT" to "don't sweat it man, var is cool, you don't need a PCT, its just scare mongering from uninformed people".

Everyone claims to know what they are talking about and from their pictures they seem to know what they are talking about but I've rarely had two people give me the same advice.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,150 Posts
harryblue said:
Everyone claims to know what they are talking about and from their pictures they seem to know what they are talking about but I've rarely had two people give me the same advice.
Well, this is your second thread in 2 days on same matter and not 1 person has advised you not to run PCT.

If you don't want to run PCT, don't. It's your body..
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sylar said:
Well, this is your second thread in 2 days on same matter and not 1 person has advised you not to run PCT.

If you don't want to run PCT, don't. It's your body..
I deleted the first one because I was being antagonistic after reading all the conflicting advice on other boards and brought my baggage here with me.

I was confrontational and was being a prat, I tried to pm a few folk to apologise but it won't let me because my post count is too low.

I'm sure I'm not the first to act like an **** on a forum, however, no excuses, I'm the one asking for advice, humbly.

Its not that I don't want to run a PCT, I have no reason not to if its needed but I'm not a fan of taking things just for the sake of it.

A few people have said "ok, take it if you want but its just not needed".

A few people have said take it just to be on the safe side.

A few have said its defo needed.

As I explained I'm almost 3 weeks into the cycle and I don't have a PCT because I trusted the advice given, I'm not in a position to obtain one now.

So I'm asking advice on what to do?
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
35,527 Posts
sorry to say mate but this "Guy" is an idiot if he is advising someone new to steroids to use a steroid without explaining what PCT is and how to plan it into their cycle, as for wanting to add some definition and not wanting bulk then can i ask why the flying fukc are you useing steroids? definition comes from diet and 6 x 45min on a treadmill per week.......tell this guy he needs to check his advice before he gives it out...
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pscarb said:
sorry to say mate but this "Guy" is an idiot if he is advising someone new to steroids to use a steroid without explaining what PCT is and how to plan it into their cycle, as for wanting to add some definition and not wanting bulk then can i ask why the flying fukc are you useing steroids? definition comes from diet and 6 x 45min on a treadmill per week.......tell this guy he needs to check his advice before he gives it out...
Well he explained PCT and its application but said that as var won't totally shut me down and doesn't aromatise, and I won't be stacking it with anything else that PCT wasn't needed.

When I say I don't want to add bulk I mean I'm not on an all out crusade to become huge. I'd like to add some lean muscle and drop my BF, so the advice was to check my diet, do an hour of CV 6 days a week and the var would help maintain the small gains from my training whilst ensuring I didn't lose anything whilst dropping the BF.

As someone who has only ever read up on this stuff I have to take what I'm told in good faith.

So...actions on now?

Should I stop the cycle after 3 weeks and hope my system hasn't been shut down, keep on and hope for the best, stretch my cycle out until I'm home and in a position to obtain PCT?
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dwaine Chambers said:
Many bodybuilders use clenbuterol to help cut weight whilst retaining muscle.
Its one of the things I looked at but decided not to try it.

I tried some Ephedrine a few years ago and got terrible shakes from it, I heard the Clen could cause the same problems.

To be honest I'm not really a chemicals man, but the var sounded so good and risk free that it seemed a sensible enough choice.

In hindsight thats now debatable.
 

·
EFBB Winner
Joined
·
4,331 Posts
harryblue said:
I deleted the first one because I was being antagonistic after reading all the conflicting advice on other boards and brought my baggage here with me.

I was confrontational and was being a prat, I tried to pm a few folk to apologise but it won't let me because my post count is too low.

I'm sure I'm not the first to act like an **** on a forum, however, no excuses, I'm the one asking for advice, humbly.
Fair play to you mate, people only real motive on here is to help each other mate. :thumbup1:
 

·
Watch out, I'm coming..
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
harryblue said:
Well he explained PCT and its application but said that as var won't totally shut me down and doesn't aromatise, and I won't be stacking it with anything else that PCT wasn't needed.

When I say I don't want to add bulk I mean I'm not on an all out crusade to become huge. I'd like to add some lean muscle and drop my BF, so the advice was to check my diet, do an hour of CV 6 days a week and the var would help maintain the small gains from my training whilst ensuring I didn't lose anything whilst dropping the BF.

As someone who has only ever read up on this stuff I have to take what I'm told in good faith.

So...actions on now?

Should I stop the cycle after 3 weeks and hope my system hasn't been shut down, keep on and hope for the best, stretch my cycle out until I'm home and in a position to obtain PCT?
This would be your best bet.

50mg ED of Anavar, until you sort PCT.

In future, remember that PCT is always necessary.

And never begin a cycle, if you dont have the med's to finish it.
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Harry said:
Fair play to you mate, people only real motive on here is to help each other mate. :thumbup1:
I realise that now, yesterday was a bad day for me.

My pm'd apology to you and Mars1960 wouldn't send because my post count was too low.

Beans said:
This would be your best bet.

50mg ED of Anavar, until you sort PCT.

In future, remember that PCT is always necessary.

And never begin a cycle, if you dont have the med's to finish it.
Thanks for the advice.

That would make the cycle 56 days long if I drop back down to 50mg per day. I've been using 100mg for the last 5 days.

When to start the PCT after an anavar only cycle?

Straight after?

And has anyone used this var before....its 50mg yellow round tablets, unmarked with a slot down the middle.
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
35,527 Posts
harryblue said:
Well he explained PCT and its application but said that as var won't totally shut me down and doesn't aromatise, and I won't be stacking it with anything else that PCT wasn't needed.

so the advice was to check my diet, do an hour of CV 6 days a week and the var would help maintain the small gains from my training whilst ensuring I didn't lose anything whilst dropping the BF.
shame you did not give the whole story about the advice you was given at the begining of this thread as that would of saved us a lot of time telling you the same stuff
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pscarb said:
shame you did not give the whole story about the advice you was given at the begining of this thread as that would of saved us a lot of time telling you the same stuff
I understand.

I started a post yesterday when I put what I knew (or thought I knew) but maybe I came across as a know-all and rubbed some people up the wrong way, so I started this thread basically asking for all and any advice.

In the years I've been going to gyms I've often been given certain advice and followed it only to be told some time later something completely different by someone else.

I thought I'd put just a little information and just try to absorb the advice and sort the wheat from the chaff.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As another note I was going to drop to 50mg anyway.

I trained my arms yesterday and the pumps in my triceps were just stupid.

I hadn't even finished my sets and I had to stop because the pumps were just too much, felt like my skin was going to rip.

I was getting good pumps at 50mg before but at 100mg its just too much for me.

Jumped straight in the sea afterwards and swam 1km and they losened off but it ruined my workout.

(btw I'm in the Caribbean, swiming 1km in the UK sea in Oct would kill me :D )
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top