UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been playing the beta so here is a little review from me

Well I pre ordered from game and got the beta code... I am loving the new COD. They have taken every thing good about COD 4 in my opinion and mixed it up a bit with COD2 and it works...

The beta only has three levels, but there are a few modes and there are vehicles in it which is a shame but they are not to bad (not all levels have them either!) but they do take some killing!

A lot of perks again which is good, they have a revive perk, which seems cool, apparently in team games if some one has this perk on them and you have it, you can revive them! Not sure exactly as I play free for all but that sounds cool!

It seems to need more aiming in this one, the rifles are good, powerful and you have your bolt action ones, like the Springfield which you can turn in to a sniper with a scope, but you also have your faster shooting ones! You can get silencers on the weapons ( didn't realize they had suppressers in world war 2!) you can get a form of red dot scope, which is not as modern (obviously) and you can get a drum barrel which doubles the mag size, which is very handy with the 20 round Thompson! You get Molotov cocktails, some gas grenade which messes up your vision and you cant see nothing, these really bright flares that are like flash bangs but can light up dark area's and also blind you!!!!

Dogs instead of helicopters!!! That never gets old hearing people saying "WTF DOGS?!?!?!" , there are about 5-7 dogs I would say that run around, seem to kill people in 1-3 hits. You get 2 points for killing a dog with a gun or 3 points if you knife them and they are good! If you go in water they can not get you, but they are cool in my opinion.

Overall a very good game in my opinion... If you have a Charlie Oscar delta account and you migrate it over apparently you will get in to the beta as well, also if you pre order from game one of the "bonuses" you get apparently will be the level 65 gun at level 1...

·
The Good...
8,794 Posts
YetiMan said:
Ok I have been playing the beta so here is a little review from me

Well I pre ordered from game and got the beta code... I am loving the new COD. They have taken every thing good about COD 4 in my opinion and mixed it up a bit with COD2 and it works...

The beta only has three levels, but there are a few modes and there are vehicles in it which is a shame but they are not to bad (not all levels have them either!) but they do take some killing!

A lot of perks again which is good, they have a revive perk, which seems cool, apparently in team games if some one has this perk on them and you have it, you can revive them! Not sure exactly as I play free for all but that sounds cool!

It seems to need more aiming in this one, the rifles are good, powerful and you have your bolt action ones, like the Springfield which you can turn in to a sniper with a scope, but you also have your faster shooting ones! You can get silencers on the weapons ( didn't realize they had suppressers in world war 2!) you can get a form of red dot scope, which is not as modern (obviously) and you can get a drum barrel which doubles the mag size, which is very handy with the 20 round Thompson! You get Molotov cocktails, some gas grenade which messes up your vision and you cant see nothing, these really bright flares that are like flash bangs but can light up dark area's and also blind you!!!!

Dogs instead of helicopters!!! That never gets old hearing people saying "WTF DOGS?!?!?!" , there are about 5-7 dogs I would say that run around, seem to kill people in 1-3 hits. You get 2 points for killing a dog with a gun or 3 points if you knife them and they are good! If you go in water they can not get you, but they are cool in my opinion.

Overall a very good game in my opinion... If you have a Charlie Oscar delta account and you migrate it over apparently you will get in to the beta as well, also if you pre order from game one of the "bonuses" you get apparently will be the level 65 gun at level 1...
I liked COD4 single player campaign quite a bit I have to say, the story and gameplay drew me in and I wasnt a fan of FPS at all!!

I do prefer the modern combat setting and feel the WWII setting has been done to death but I will wait until this is released before I give my judgement of it.

Seems to be loads of decent games coming out all at once!!!

Fallout 3, Fable 2, Spiderman Web of shadows, Gears of War II, Smackdown 2009.....Should keep me busy! :D

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kezz said:
so would you say it will be better than the last COD, as i think that is the best game ever!!........ oh more dogs, i fookin haed them in the last one
To be honest it really is on par mate, I am liking it a lot. In my opinion it is better in ways... Machine guns you cant snipe with people, I was really good at cod4 and I found any gun you could shoot cross map and control the recoil, the WW2 weapons you can not as the recoil is a mofo! Also the rifles are a long distant weapon so you really have to choose if you are going to be a machine gunner or a long distance shooter, rifles are good close range as well though.

I like it, I like it a lot to be honest and I would say it has its + points over COD4. The world war 2 thing has been done to death, but since COD2 there has not been a decent one out and COD2 came out a long time ago so I recon now is the time to bring out one and that is what the new COD is doing.

·
i need to lose fat and gain muscle
84 Posts
Spartan301 said:
Will have to be really good to tear me away from COD4!

Online play for that is still as addictive as the day I bought it.
:beer: :beer: i still got about 6 presteges to do so wont be getting it till then :cursing: thats if i get it al all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts