UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cutting properly this time 1lb a week until I am h
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SALkev from this forum recommended a book to me called "The success principles" by Jack Canfield. It's basically all about self belief and positive attitude. I know this is common sense but sometimes you just need to read it in writing to realise it.

Anyway went to the gym today and after struggling for 7 reps with 100kg last week I managed 7 reps with 110kg this week with new positive frame of mind. My incline dumbbell press went from 38kg for 5 reps each arm to 40kg for 8 reps. Even got a personal best of 130kg squat for 3 reps since I started doing them properly.

It means I am 2 stone lighter but now just as strong as I was a few months ago. Feels good to make this progress and really glad I bought the book.

·
Cutting properly this time 1lb a week until I am h
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My gym partner was asking to lend my book. I just made little changes. Usually when trying a heavy weight I will say I'll probably only get 4 or something but this time I was just thinking I will get 8 reps. Ok I only got 7 but it was close. It's sounds simple but little changes like that made big difference. Made sure I was focused when lifting instead of day dreaming half way down the lift.

·
Newbie Trainer
8 Posts
It's good to read personal development books from time to time. I got a shelf full of them! from Tony Robbins, to Jim Rohn. can help you to focus, be it on your training, or with your personal goals and life in general!

Ian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.