UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

the glandular fever test

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ElfinTan 
#1 ·
Evening all

I have had a fever for the last 7 days with the symptoms of glandular fever. Does anyone know if the blood test for glandular fever would indicate that I am on a cycle of anabolic steroids? . I don't particularly want to have to tell my Dr about my use of steroids as there could be implications down the line eg insurance etc, and I suspect my Dr would be a burk about it as well. However if I stay off work much longer I have to get signed off by my GP.

Anyone had any similar experiences? anyone know if the glandular fever blood test would also include other things such as hormone profiles etc?.

Cheers guys / gals sorry about the life story above :)

#2 ·
If you were getting tested for Glandular fever dude, they wudnt be looking for any Steriods would they, they will be testing for Fever. You can only ever get it once. I know as i had it once, and even after i had it i still got sore throats ever month.

So out came my tonsils, never had a sore throat again.

Geo

#3 ·
Geo said:
If you were getting tested for Glandular fever dude, they wudnt be looking for any Steriods would they, they will be testing for Fever. You can only ever get it once. I know as i had it once, and even after i had it i still got sore throats ever month.

So out came my tonsils, never had a sore throat again.

Geo
There you are, Drago, always something to look forward to. :D

You've learnt something new for the day. Stay calm, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Any problems, just let me know, and I'll be here for you.

I promise you we'll get through this together.

xx

#4 ·
Cheers guys

Hopefully I have something else, as Glandular Fever looks like a real barsteward to recover from.

I am still a bit concerned that the blood test could indicate that my hormone levels are all over the place, due to the test cycle I am on, but like you say GEO the test for glandular fever will be for glandular fever. Just as well for me to go for it.

Anyone know how easy it is to get signed off by your GP? I have been off work since last Thursday so I'm going to have to get that sorted too. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow :)

#5 ·
GF tests for exactly that not steroids.

I've had this and it aint pretty, I was in bed for a week getting over the virual symptoms but the tiredness, lethargy etc stayed with me for months.

I would think about taking it easy in the gym for at least a few weeks though mate, GF can cause the spleen to swell up and can be torn or even ruptured if over-exerted which is serious sh1t and could mean curtains.

I would say rest up loads, drink bucket loads of water to clear the body and possibly look at some vitamin B12.

GF has been linked to chronic fatigue syndrome and anaemia so consume plenty of Iron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.