UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dance like nobodys watching....Fcuk like your bein
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so just a little introduction.... im going camping this weekend in the lake district for the whole of the bank holiday.

We are having a bbq on the saturday and i simply cant stand the processed burger pattys you get these days. So i thought id have a go at making my own lean and high in protein ones. They were, quite simply...the best burgers i have ever tasted: probably the healthiest too. No bull sh!t. Im willing to share this recipe for you to try...although the summer is going you could maybe make them for tea or whatever as something different:

These were my ingredients so obviously for smaller portions you may want to adjust the weight.

Ingredients:

• 1.2kg of Asda Extra Lean Mince
  • 1 Heaped Tea spoon of Tesco Lazy Garlic
  • 2 Whole Large Eggs
  • 1 1/2 Large Onions
  • 1 Level Teaspoon of Tesco Lazy Chilli
  • Salt, Pepper
  • 6 Slices of Wholemail Bread

So first off get all your mince in a big bowl

Dice your onion

Add the lazy garlic and lazy chilli to your mince

add the salt and pepper just to season

Add the diced onion

Mix together thoroughly

Blend your bread in a blender or smoothie maker (like i did) to produce fine bread crumbs

Add 4 slices worth of breadcrubs to the mixture

Add 2 Whole Large Eggs

Mix together thoroughly Once more

With the rest of the breadcrumbs scatter them (like you would flour) on your kitchen top or butchers block.

Grab an small handful of the burger mixture and slam it into the breadcrumbs and shape accordingly...make sure breadcrumbs are on both sides of the burger

Get your wholemeal breadbuns ready and your reduced fat cheese slices

Fry on an non stick pan for 3 minutes each side

Bobs your uncle...fannys your aunt!

Enjoy :thumb: :thumb :

·
Looking Freaky
579 Posts
Hampy71 said:
Yes but you have to pay about a million quid for delivery!!
LOL. £7.50 for COURIER delivery, ICE GEL PACKED, SUPER CHILLED etc etc!!! And its FREE when you spend £75... which is easy.... Plus... the burgers are fantastic value too. Taste them, you won't go back to any others!

·
Looking Freaky
954 Posts
WestinGourmet said:
LOL. £7.50 for COURIER delivery, ICE GEL PACKED, SUPER CHILLED etc etc!!! And its FREE when you spend £75... which is easy.... Plus... the burgers are fantastic value too. Taste them, you won't go back to any others!
You keep banging on about free delivery on orders over £75!! £75 is a hell of a lot of money to spend on meat in one order and before you say to split with someone else I have already asked and nobody is interested. It's no big deal that you use a courier either. I bought a pair of £4-99 straps from maximuscle and got FREE courier delivery. I'm sure your burgers are very nice but I would never pay that much for delivery!!

·
Premium Member
7,382 Posts
Like wise, £8 for delivery is quite steep.

i make my own burgers and while they might not be of the same high quality, the cost of the ingredients is far less than £8.

For £72 i can get 20kg of frozen DPP gold label chicken from a chinese cash and carry i use, no added water or salt and i get around 80 chicken breasts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.