UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
El capitano
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UFC-Light-Heavyweight-Fighter-Thiago-Silva.jpg

Thiago Silva has been banned by the Nevada athletic commision, meaning he cannot fight for 12 months. Thaigo was found to have very low levels of testosterone in his blood after his last fight at UFC 125 against Brandon Vera (which ended Brandon Vera's UFC contract ) Thiago Silva has admitted to buying a masking agent to hide the use of illegal drugs in order to change the results of his blood and urine tests. Thiago Silva claims he was using banned painkillers for an ongoing back problem - as the drug test was masked there is no way of telling wether it was indeed painkillers or PEDS being used, either way you wont see Thaigo back in the octagon until 2012

·
2,599 Posts
So Thiago gets banned and was blatantly using roids, he beats Brandon Vera and Brandon loses his contract and not Thiago? Surely the UFC have to look at that again? Maybe give Brandon another shot with someone else to retain his contract?

A real shame he resorted to that, I always liked Thiago.

·
El capitano
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True dat, I think Brandon being cut was harsh, he was on a bad streak, but one or two more fights to try to improve his run surely wouldnt have hurt. I had him winning the Randy fight at 95 too

·
2,599 Posts
Yeah to be fair he beat Randy, everyone knows it. Brandon has the potential to be a decent gatekeeper in my book, Jones did smash him up but I think he's a decent fighter. lets hope he goes to strikeforce and rebuilds his rep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.