UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my blood sample taken and results reviewed by the Men's Health Clinic. They couldn't do anything for me because my testosterone levels were in the 'normal' range (specifics below). To be honest they didn't take me seriously from first contact due to me not being in the 50+ age bracket, but they were more than happy to take a £200.00 payment from me for a blood test.
I'm 27 and have always struggled with masculinity. As I don't have any siblings and I didn't meet my father until I was 24, I never really had a male role model or even any male company growing up.
I experience a lot of symptoms linked to hormone imbalances, and despite my best efforts (weightlifting, decreasing my bf% from 30% to 16% this year, teetotalism, increasing exercise frequency, supplementing vitamins, regulating my diet and sleep), I have not observed any noticeable changes to my masculinity concerns.

I am currently supplementing:
• Zinc (25mg/day)
• Vitamin D3 (4000iu/day)
• Omega 3 Fish Oil (1000mg/day)
• Vitamin E (400iu/day)
• Creatine Monohydrate (5g/day); and
• P-5-P (50mg/day)

My levels [normal range]:
• FSH 1.4 IU/L [1.5 - 12.4 IU/L]
• LH 5.2 IU/L [1.7 - 8.6 IU/L]
• Oestradiol 186 pmol/L [41 - 159 pmol/L]
• Testosterone 21.3 nmol/L [8.64 - 29 nmol/L]
• Free-Testosterone 0.425 nmol/L [0.2 - 0.62 nmol/L]
• SHBG 38 nmol/L [18.3 - 54.1 nmol/L]
• Prolactin 359 mU/L [86 - 324 mU/L]

At this point I just feel lost and like I'm drowning in this insecurity. I've contacted every other reputable clinic in the UK and also been denied any kind of treatment, so I can see why other men my age take the matter into their own hands (i.e. self-administering intramuscular injections with testosterone sourced online) and honestly I'm considering it myself but I have no experience nor had any professional guidance.

Does anyone else feel like this? Should I start injecting test, and is there somewhere/someone I can contact to guide me so I'm not risking my health?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Your issues aren't your hormones. Injecting test will make things worse in the long run unless you're happy to be dependant on it for the rest of your life.

I would say you should look into therapy, i.e. go and talk to someone and find the cause of feeling less masculine than you'd like. As you said you didn't have a fatherly figure growing up so there could be something to explore there. And there is no shame in talking to someone about it.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The Mens health clinic have lots of guys of all ages under their care , your age has nothing to do with their decision, you symptoms and test results are what Dr Stevens would of been considering. And you've also been told the same by the other clinics.
I grew up without male role models, and it does screw your view of the world to a more female point of view. What helped me when in my teens was taking up fight sports , various martial arts, kickboxing type training, and chasing pussy
Talking therapy might help , getting some male friends that you can hang out with doing " manly " stuff might get your head in the right direction.
Injecting drugs will just confuse you body as much as your mind already is.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I recently had my blood sample taken and results reviewed by the Men's Health Clinic. They couldn't do anything for me because my testosterone levels were in the 'normal' range (specifics below). To be honest they didn't take me seriously from first contact due to me not being in the 50+ age bracket, but they were more than happy to take a £200.00 payment from me for a blood test.
I'm 27 and have always struggled with masculinity. As I don't have any siblings and I didn't meet my father until I was 24, I never really had a male role model or even any male company growing up.
I experience a lot of symptoms linked to hormone imbalances, and despite my best efforts (weightlifting, decreasing my bf% from 30% to 16% this year, teetotalism, increasing exercise frequency, supplementing vitamins, regulating my diet and sleep), I have not observed any noticeable changes to my masculinity concerns.
Judging by your blood work and I hate to say this if you're not feeling normal but they had no reason to put you on a testosterone replacement therapy.
What I woud like to know is when you talk about masculinity and hormonal imbalance what exactly do you mean?

·
Registered
193 Posts
TRT is exactly what the name says, it replaces your own natural production and brings it to normal level range which seeminly is in a normal range and actually pretty high in that regard. Mine wasn't even nearly that high.

What I think you should do or at least try to do is give yourself a little break from all this obsessiveness when it comes to bodybuilding. Or if you cannot do that take a couple of weeks just going by how you feel and not put too much stress on yourself. Maybe even do something else to get your mind out of this "balloon" you seem to be living in.

Have some fun which you should be able to do anyways whether you were bodybuilding more seriously or not. It's not gonna make you less or hardcore or automatically flush all your hard work down to toilet.
Take care mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts