UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Testosterone and Pheromones - Women Attraction?

680 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  daringhorse 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Do you notice a lot more attention from women when on a supraphysiological dose of T?

I am currently on 500 mg/week and I have random girls hitting me up all the time. It doesn't have anything to do with confidence as I actually feel worse then when I was running 200 mg and it began before any gains started coming in.

#8 ·
Definetly think there is something in it. Some of it might be superficial though and more narcissism because of the propensity for gear to boost your ego and make you feel bigger and more superior.

That being said, sure. Something must be there in terms of a woman being able to identify a man with increased levels of testosterone. I read somewhere that pheromones are released in sweat which are related to testosterone, this on gear will probably amplify the effect.

Higher levels of testosterone is linked with increased dominance, aggression, pronounced masculine features and facial hair, mature genitals etc, increased risk taking which can lead to dominant traits. So it would be fairly obvious for a woman to correlate all that and assume the man she encounters is more of an ideal mate than someone who appears to be the opposite of such traits.

Then again, attraction is not solely governed by testosterone. Mature women are more likely to seek out stability and reciprocity in terms of providing and caring, understanding, comforting, rearing children etc. Very high levels of testosterone can interfere with these areas as well, a man I'm describing may have a hard on for every woman he sees, may be tempted to take more risks and therefore cheat and prove untrustworthy. Sure, a woman might enjoy the dominance in the bedroom and enjoy the temporary satisfaction, but over time, does the increased levels of testosterone produce a longterm stable committed relationship that most stable women want? Can she be sure a man is honest and integral? Do any of the fairly superficial primitive traits produce returns than ensures something that has a high chance of success? Her man may be a gorilla in terms of primitive biology, but is he also human in terms of being grounded, stable, sane, committed, sensitive etc? That is the question.

If a woman can't connect with a man who is disconnected through high levels of hormones that numb his emotional capacity and make him more aggressive and primitive and wild it may be no surprise if she goes for the guy who has baseline (if not lower) levels of testosterone who she feels she can connect with and establish a stable relationship.

#11 ·
Definetly think there is something in it. Some of it might be superficial though and more narcissism because of the propensity for gear to boost your ego and make you feel bigger and more superior.

That being said, sure. Something must be there in terms of a woman being able to identify a man with increased levels of testosterone. I read somewhere that pheromones are released in sweat which are related to testosterone, this on gear will probably amplify the effect.

Higher levels of testosterone is linked with increased dominance, aggression, pronounced masculine features and facial hair, mature genitals etc, increased risk taking which can lead to dominant traits. So it would be fairly obvious for a woman to correlate all that and assume the man she encounters is more of an ideal mate than someone who appears to be the opposite of such traits.

Then again, attraction is not solely governed by testosterone. Mature women are more likely to seek out stability and reciprocity in terms of providing and caring, understanding, comforting, rearing children etc. Very high levels of testosterone can interfere with these areas as well, a man I'm describing may have a hard on for every woman he sees, may be tempted to take more risks and therefore cheat and prove untrustworthy. Sure, a woman might enjoy the dominance in the bedroom and enjoy the temporary satisfaction, but over time, does the increased levels of testosterone produce a longterm stable committed relationship that most stable women want? Can she be sure a man is honest and integral? Do any of the fairly superficial primitive traits produce returns than ensures something that has a high chance of success? Her man may be a gorilla in terms of primitive biology, but is he also human in terms of being grounded, stable, sane, committed, sensitive etc? That is the question.

If a woman can't connect with a man who is disconnected through high levels of hormones that numb his emotional capacity and make him more aggressive and primitive and wild it may be no surprise if she goes for the guy who has baseline (if not lower) levels of testosterone who she feels she can connect with and establish a stable relationship.
f**k me, what's your name? Deidre?

#13 ·
For those of you over 40s, remember "Pheromone X" that used to be sold in vending machines in the gents toilets?

For those who don't it was basically a wet wipe that was supposedly impregnated with pheromones that would attract women if you rubbed it on your face/neck.

I never bought one. I suspect they didn't work anyway
Reminds me of Richie and Eddie in Bottom....

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
While Humans do have a vomeronsal organ present in our anatomy, the organ atrophies before birth. So humans are born with vomeronasal "pits" that do not function. There is no such thing as attraction via pheromones because we don't have the organ like other spieces. This is scientifically factual. What you're feeling is all in your mind.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/232635.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.