UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
(I'll try flying this one again, got locked before for arguments)

If you had new unfamiliar gear you wanted to use - would shooting sub Q first time be any use to check it out?

If it had pathogens, would it give you a more managable infection just under the skin?

If it was ok sub Q would it follow that the vial would be GTG deep IM?

Just a thought I had

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
Dont have any input unfortunately but thats a very interesting question. Looking at it logically then i would imagine that it would be a good idea as i would much rather have a sub-q abcess than an IM abcess.

·
Banned
716 Posts
i know people last time said 'well trust your source blah blah....' but thats a pointless answer.

where do you think would be the easiest place to sort an infection/abcess, IF you had dogey gear? subQ in stomach? maybe surface of glute so its not very deep? at least then the scar wouldnt bother you as much?

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally i would rather have a skin infection than a deep muscle abcess butI'm not sure if a sucsessful skin jab with no subsequent infection would garantee NO chance of a later abcess from the same vial.

I see it as a harmless precaution though and maybe a small confidence booster that a new labs gear is gtg??

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe the body could sucessfull handle a half mil of infected oil under the skin, you think it's ok - jab 3 ml deep IM and get an abcess??

What I mean - I guess - is the test of any value?

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
adlewar said:
their maybe other 'things' that cause the abcess rather than just the quality of gear tho???
Of course this is accepting sterility technique and skin clensing/disinfection is not an issue.

If skin, needle is sterile, where else can infection arise?

·
almost there but almost knackered
2,763 Posts
Uriel said:
Of course this is accepting sterility technique and skin clensing/disinfection is not an issue.

If skin, needle is sterile, where else can infection arise?
i read up on abcesses and was under the impression that any puncture to the skin could cause an abcess thru bacteria entering, whether sterile technique was used or not. its in extreme cases but sure people just get 'unlucky'.

interesting tho.... :D

·
Banned
10,291 Posts
jjmac said:
i know people last time said 'well trust your source blah blah....' but thats a pointless answer.
Why is it a pointless answer (didn't see last thread)?

I would only use gear I trusted, if I didn't think the gear was kosher I wouldn't stick it anywhere but the bin.

If your worried about abcess's then dont do injectable gear IMO, its a risk with anygear, you could test the gear sub Q, then three jabs later do it IM and still get an abcess.

Understand the logic Uriel, but for me its not something I'd do for reasons above.

I would however think about sub q as a way to do it for easy of administration, if I was jabbing a lot.

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Magic Torch said:
Understand the logic Uriel, but for me its not something I'd do for reasons above.
So if no one ever had the balls or a way of trying UGL gear so that they could "reccommend it" to you, you'd never take steroids??

If you moved to a new area and the only gear available was a new "Brand X", the source says it's good but you don't know him - you just walk away and stay small or wait til someone braver tests it??

I was looking for a safe way of testing unfamiliar gear Majic, if you don't get it then that is cool with me

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
An infection sub q would be better (if there is such a thing) than a deep IM one for sure! Even though the area is less vascular so not necessarily as reponsive to anti-biotics if needed, though responsive enough I am sure.

If anyone was that worried about an infection, get a course of antibiotics prescribed and keep them on hand.

How you get the antibiotics prescribed I will leave to your imaginations :thumbup1:

SD

·
Premium Member
15,472 Posts
INteresting thread,

I assume its easier to get an infection IM than Subq,

No idea where I have that assumption from tho lol

I use slin pins over and over again with no problems but I'd never use an IM more than once

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dropped an open amp in the sink when away from home for 3 weeks. I wasn't sure what went in it...

I was cruising and it was the only amp I had.

Rather than lose it, I drew it up, microwaved it, let it cool then shot it subQ over 2 sites - didn't want to risk jabbing IM just incase.

It was pharma testoviron but open and rattling round the sink.

Got no infection as boiled the oil, kept me cruising ok til home too.

Just opening up some ideas

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DB said:
I use slin pins over and over again with no problems but I'd never use an IM more than once
I do that too, I shoot a barrel of mt2 over maybe 4 goes but I do wipe the pin with a steri wipe between shots.

Is it harder to get a subQ infection or do diabetics re use slin pins BECAUSE sub Q infections are easier to clear up when occurring??

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nemises said:
If you wernt sure couldnt you bake the gear in the oven? Iv read it before but not sure if its true.
Yeah, I'm doing that with a couple of 20ml vials of test cyp I have soon.

I put them into a pressure cooker and boil them for 20 minutes before first jab, raises contents to appros 125 degrees C

·
Gym Addict
438 Posts
SD said:
An infection sub q would be better (if there is such a thing) than a deep IM one for sure! Even though the area is less vascular so not necessarily as reponsive to anti-biotics if needed, though responsive enough I am sure.

If anyone was that worried about an infection, get a course of antibiotics prescribed and keep them on hand.

How you get the antibiotics prescribed I will leave to your imaginations :thumbup1:

SD
Hi SD, just regular antibiotics from the docs?, provided you catch the absess early?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.