UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about my second cycle, going to be running either tbol or var with test E. I'm keen on these two because they seem to be the mildest on the hair - paired with RU58841 and dutasteride I hope to mitigate most hairloss. I've heard mixed things on these compounds, some people say tbol is a better mass builder but some say it is very weak. Heard lots of good stuff about var though with regards to the appearance it gives you.

Please share your experiences with these compounds, and which lab you got them from.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Tbol. Anavar is dht-derived, so if you are prone to MPB, avoid it. Tbol tends toward building, anavar is anti-catabolic and works on lower calorie diets. You can google plenty of detailed comparisons between the efficacy of the two.

·
Premium Member
9,765 Posts
Anavar is probably my favourite oral from a benefits versus side effects perspective. Barely effects my blood work at all, zero side effects, great pumps and a big boost in strength/fullness. Turinabol raised my blood pressure at 20mg per day but did give me excellent pumps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tbol. Anavar is dht-derived, so if you are prone to MPB, avoid it. Tbol tends toward building, anavar is anti-catabolic and works on lower calorie diets. You can google plenty of detailed comparisons between the efficacy of the two.
Very good point, and I'm assuming tbol is a weaker at the hair follicle than its 5 alpha reduced derivative? So being on dutasteride should make tbol even more mild on the hairline right? Unless it is the other way round like deca lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anavar is probably my favourite oral from a benefits versus side effects perspective. Barely effects my blood work at all, zero side effects, great pumps and a big boost in strength/fullness. Turinabol raised my blood pressure at 20mg per day but did give me excellent pumps.
Any other effects from the tbol? And how was your hairloss on anavar?

·
Registered
Autoregulated at the moment
1,251 Posts
Hate to be the boring guy again but wouldn't use either for "mass" building to be completely honest.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I agree with @felladrol - orals are typically a poor selection for mass accrual - or atleast as a direct benefit.

Yes - they will increase anabolism and yes that will result in increased LBM assuming diet & training are in place, however injectables are typically a far better selection for this end.

Orals shine in either their acute effects on performance and their cosmetic impacts. Var is generally a better around compound than tbol. Both will give a fuller looker and have a noticeable impact on strength and endurance - however var beats tbol on both counts.

Both are "mild" systemically in terms of stress/impact compared to other orals - however neither are "mild" in terms of effects. Both will incur significant performance gains.

Var does not typically have much impact on hair even though it is DHT based as it does not interact well with the receptor at the follicle. Tbol can cause blood pressure issues and "compartmentation" (back pumps, shin splints etc) but this does not effect everyone.

Var is generally the better compound for most uses but is more expensive - it does tend to "dry you out" which can make explosive work a little less comfortable - but is nowhere near as impacting as agents such as mast etc.

Typically if you can spring the extra dollar for var it would probably be a better selection. Tbol is enjoyable too though and is much more cost effective. I doubt in terms of perform gains and LBM accrual over the course of a cycle there would be any significant difference between effective doses of either compound.

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Sorry, but bollocks.

They are both AAS. Bar will build just as well as anything else really. Being "anti catabolic" is a nonsense term, so is food and sleep.

You're anabolic and catabolic at the same time all through the day.

Acting like one only works on low calories and the other doesn't or whatever you meant is a bit silly.

Plenty a great physique built with var.

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
I agree with @felladrol - orals are typically a poor selection for mass accrual - or atleast as a direct benefit.

Yes - they will increase anabolism and yes that will result in increased LBM assuming diet & training are in place, however injectables are typically a far better selection for this end.

Orals shine in either their acute effects on performance and their cosmetic impacts. Var is generally a better around compound than tbol. Both will give a fuller looker and have a noticeable impact on strength and endurance - however var beats tbol on both counts.

Both are "mild" systemically in terms of stress/impact compared to other orals - however neither are "mild" in terms of effects. Both will incur significant performance gains.

Var does not typically have much impact on hair even though it is DHT based as it does not interact well with the receptor at the follicle. Tbol can cause blood pressure issues and "compartmentation" (back pumps, shin splints etc) but this does not effect everyone.

Var is generally the better compound for most uses but is more expensive - it does tend to "dry you out" which can make explosive work a little less comfortable - but is nowhere near as impacting as agents such as mast etc.

Typically if you can spring the extra dollar for var it would probably be a better selection. Tbol is enjoyable too though and is much more cost effective. I doubt in terms of perform gains and LBM accrual over the course of a cycle there would be any significant difference between effective doses of either compound.
This. And training and eating dictate the results. Not some magical effect of one drug Vs the other.

To be honest, given either ran at normal doses along side test, you'd be hard pressed to even tell the difference

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hate to be the boring guy again but wouldn't use either for "mass" building to be completely honest.
Yeah mate the test I'm running will give me the mass, just looking for the extra bonuses from the orals. But the difference in mass building potential from these two is still of interest, but not by any means a main factor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks for the insight, I was leaning towards tbol but after reading this, var seems very tempting. I'm assuming you made this comparison on a mg per mg basis?

I'm honestly thinking of doing 3 weeks of each at 40mg, tbol first then switch to var after if it is the more effective compound.

Any source reccomendations for var? I've heard of even popular sources having underdosed var. As you say it is very expensive, and I'm sure labs skimp out on it often.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Thanks for the insight, I was leaning towards tbol but after reading this, var seems very tempting. I'm assuming you made this comparison on a mg per mg basis?

I'm honestly thinking of doing 3 weeks of each at 40mg, tbol first then switch to var after if it is the more effective compound.

Any source reccomendations for var? I've heard of even popular sources having underdosed var. As you say it is very expensive, and I'm sure labs skimp out on it often.
No point switching compounds at such short intervals. Just run one. Then if you want next cycle run the other and compare.

·
Registered
Autoregulated at the moment
1,251 Posts
Yeah mate the test I'm running will give me the mass, just looking for the extra bonuses from the orals. But the difference in mass building potential from these two is still of interest, but not by any means a main factor.
I don't think a bonus is a very good adjective to describe oral steroids.
Plenty of other healthier options to choose from that are going to give you..."mass".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No point switching compounds at such short intervals. Just run one. Then if you want next cycle run the other and compare.
I don't think a bonus is a very good adjective to describe oral steroids.
Plenty of other healthier options to choose from that are going to give you..."mass".
By bonuses, I'm referring to strength and added appearance bonus that they both give you. I had tbol and var in mind because they seem to be safer than some of the more potent orals.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I ran tbol for 2 weeks recently and only got negative side effects from it so came off. Never tried anavar but I am tempted to see if I have any better luck with it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts