UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Westside Barbell
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning all

my mate just give me some Muscletech Leukic tabs its a full bottle but! there best before is may last year would they still be ok to use? ive looked on the bottle nd cant see "dont use after best before" soo what you guys rekon? will i be okay to take em?

and also his give me a full bottle of EAS HMB that went out a year ago this month ?

any advice will be helpfull

ta andy

·
Getting HUGE!
1,267 Posts
i would like to know this also mate,

i have a tub of creatine thats just over a year out of date

i dont wanna hijack but beings tho yours is out of date it should be the same answer as yours lol

·
One step at a time.
5,255 Posts
Sy. said:
I had a tub of tic tacs that were just under a year out of date and I was fine :)

tbh depending on what kind of food it is i'll prob eat it if its out of date.. unless it like milk or something.. then i really would be eating it if it was out of date :lol:
To be fair, they have a name for milk 1 year out of date... Butter!

·
5% off myprotein MP269006
2,421 Posts
Ive got some cyclone thats 9 months out of date and its fine :thumbup1:

B|GJOE said:
Just one question, because it really bugs me.

Is it best before that date or Use by that date.

Because there is a massive difference between the 2.

Best Before simply means the product is safe to consume after this date, but to enjoy the product at its best you should consume before. NEVER EVER throw ANY item away that has past it's best before date. ALWAYS ignore best before dates, they mean NOTHING!

Use By date however, is different, and is usually put on perishable foods like eggs, meat, poultry, ready meals, etc etc. This date means that it MAY be unsafe to consume the food after this date, and it is not advisable that you do. However, having said that, this date is ALWAYS on the safe side, so I will even eat chicken, or meat up to 2 days past it's use by, if it smells, and appears to be OK, especially if I am going to cook it! As cooking will kill any human pathogens. It will only be spoilage bacteria affecting taste and texture, post cooking.

P.S. I am a food Safety Officer by profession, so it's not like I don't know what I am talking about on this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.