UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting heavy gut rot, gas and nausea from my morning meals, meal 1 is 200g of egg whites and 1 whole egg (scrambled) and 2 scoops of whey isolate. by the time meal 3 comes around i feel to nauseous to eat it sometimes.

My digestive system wasnt the best even before the huge increase in protein, do any of you use any digestive aids that you have found to work.

I shit regularly so i dont think i have any issues with the overall movement but man the gut rot is really becoming an issue.

cheers lads

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is going to sound silly but do you drink enough water at least three litres a day? Not drinking enough water will make it harder to properly digest food. How much fibre do you have in your diet, do you eat vegetables with every meal? Plus, it sounds like you need to supplement yourself with probiotics. Also, I stopped consuming dairy and all my digestion problems just went away within a week.

Just a few things to consider

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have found that these help

I've also recently switched from whey protein after about 25+ years to hydrobeef protein (Bulk) after years of gut rot and putrid gas and what a positive difference it has made. Wish I'd known about it years ago.
appreciated mate, will give them a look, thetrouble with non whey protein (i tried plant protien) was that it was thick as treacle...will see if i can get a sample of hydrobeef. Cheers mate
This is going to sound silly but do you drink enough water at least three litres a day? Not drinking enough water will make it harder to properly digest food. How much fibre do you have in your diet, do you eat vegetables with every meal? Plus, it sounds like you need to supplement yourself with probiotics. Also, I stopped consuming dairy and all my digestion problems just went away within a week.

Just a few things to consider
actually no, hydration (when not in the gym) is something i struggle with, just in terms of remembering to drink, i guess i need to get real on it. I do get alot of veg but i am going to do the charcoal test when the tabs arrive so i will see if i am digesting too fast or too slow.

thanks mate

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I tend to stay away from the flavoured ones due to the amount of sweeteners and overly sweet taste.

Some of the unflavoured versions are pretty hard work to consume though.

Gave up on whey protein and all related products due to stomach issues...not worth the hassle.

Tried all the non whey options which are pretty foul tasting but not tried this beef version.

Looks relatively cheap so might just order a 1kg bag and give it a bash (y)

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hydrobeef is mixed in water and mixes well and is thinner than whey. I usually use a blender with whey but the hydrobeef actually mixes well in just a shaker. Taste is surprisingly good also.
water is how i take my whey, really surprised to hear that it is thinner than whey, glad to hear it though

I tend to stay away from the flavoured ones due to the amount of sweeteners and overly sweet taste.

Some of the unflavoured versions are pretty hard work to consume though.

Gave up on whey protein and all related products due to stomach issues...not worth the hassle.

Tried all the non whey options which are pretty foul tasting but not tried this beef version.

Looks relatively cheap so might just order a 1kg bag and give it a bash (y)
x2

have you tired a glass of pineapple juice? it helps with digestion of protein apparently. works well for me and its part of my 5 a day.
unfortunatly i cant take pineapple juice due to it contraindicating with a prescription med im on.

i ditched the eggs this morning in favour of a musclefood pot and the discomfort was still there.

arse could power a windfarm man

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
576 Posts
The whey isolate is supposed to be excellent for lactose intolerance, all the fat, carbs and lactose has been removed, hence isolate. But as suggested a Vegan protein powder will sort that. As suggested, drink plenty of water. Can't comment on the eggs, they don't bother me where concentrated protein powder does - spots. Black Pepper, helps digestion as it instigates your stomach to create more acid. I gather you get liquid egg white, it comes in a powder too.

You might have one of those stomachs that something needs Gaviscon! So Black Pepper might not be a good idea.

Just a few ideas, to go with the rest of the posts.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The whey isolate is supposed to be excellent for lactose intolerance, all the fat, carbs and lactose has been removed, hence isolate. But as suggested a Vegan protein powder will sort that. As suggested, drink plenty of water. Can't comment on the eggs, they don't bother me where concentrated protein powder does - spots. Black Pepper, helps digestion as it instigates your stomach to create more acid. I gather you get liquid egg white, it comes in a powder too.

You might have one of those stomachs that something needs Gaviscon! So Black Pepper might not be a good idea.

Just a few ideas, to go with the rest of the posts.
Appreciated lads, will defo be going away from whey to see if it helps, was looking at the beef protein mentioned earlier as ime the plant based stuff is thick with one scoop and I'm a 2 scoops kinda guy 😉, I do have gut issues, runs in the family.

Also a good shout at removing whey due to bacne, although a good steamroom a week usually keeps that at bay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also a good shout at removing whey due to bacne, .
This looks like you should have a go at removing dairy out of your diet completely, try it for a month and see how that works as acne is a symptom of dairy intolerance. I was surprised when I cut it out because I realised how bloated I must have been while on dairy, tbf my issues with dairy got worse after I had my appendix removed.
Families in the past have thought they have hereditary issues like this but now realise it was just a simple intolerance.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This looks like you should have a go at removing dairy out of your diet completely, try it for a month and see how that works as acne is a symptom of dairy intolerance. I was surprised when I cut it out because I realised how bloated I must have been while on dairy, tbf my issues with dairy got worse after I had my appendix removed.
Families in the past have thought they have hereditary issues like this but now realise it was just a simple intolerance.
👌, going to be difficult to find substitutes as I rely heavily on dairy products for sources of protein 🙄🙄

1 - 20 of 24 Posts