UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Yeaaaah Buddy!
943 Posts
You need to look at the bigger picture. Losing weight requires a calorie defecit.

You need to work out your daily calorie requirements first and then ensure you consume 500 calories below that number to create the defecit. Only then can you really decide whether the noodles will fit into your calorie requirements.

·
Newbie Trainer
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GunnaGetBig said:
You need to look at the bigger picture. Losing weight requires a calorie defecit.

You need to work out your daily calorie requirements first and then ensure you consume 500 calories below that number to create the defecit. Only then can you really decide whether the noodles will fit into your calorie requirements.
how do i work that out?

G

·
wjames said:
yeah thats what i thought, but i have always wondered about them and what there purpose is lol
Supernoodles have no purpose other than to trick thick women into thinking that because they have 'light' in the titlle they are actually eating something healthy and not ****, processed within an inch of its life and then covered in fake flavours.

My Mrs eats loads of the ****ing things, I wont buy them anymore. Told her if shes wants to eat processed crap like that she can buy it herself.

·
Newbie Trainer
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so ive done a bit of googling and found the following

this is based on the following 1lb loss a week

im 6 foot 6

115kg

Daily Nutritional Needs:

Total 3331 Calories

Carbs 1899 Calories = 475 g

Fat 999 Calories = 111 g

Protein 433 Calories = 108 g

G

·
Ben10 said:
Good Lad! you tell her!

good to see someone had some balls to man up against his missus! (did it cost you a night on the sofa when you informed her you refuse to buy them anymore)
No, no sofa,

There was no sex though, and i was faced with an angry wife for several days. All for some ****ing supernoodles. Women are strange.

·
Yeaaaah Buddy!
943 Posts
wjames said:

im 6 foot 6

115kg

Daily Nutritional Needs:

Total 3331 Calories

Fat 999 Calories = 111 g

Need to up the protein and drop the carbs

G

·
BillC said:
Enough of the Super noodle bashing. Try them next time you have a hangover, a really bad one. Life savers.
Thats when a big old bacon, sausage, egg and black pudding stottie comes in mate.

MMM 4000cals in a bun.

·
Yeaaaah Buddy!
943 Posts
How much weight do you want to shift? Are you training to build muscle or just lose fat?

A lot of people go for around 100g carbs and at least 150g protein with plenty of healthy fats on top.

G

·
wjames said:

im 6 foot 6

115kg

Daily Nutritional Needs:

Total 3331 Calories

Fat 999 Calories = 111 g

Are you a very active person? very muscular? seems a lot of cals to me.

Whats your aim? just drop some flabby stuff? You could have a look at keto diets (no carbs, just protein and fats) I find them very effective, and sticking to keto means i dont eat pizzas! lol

Either way, Way to many carbs IMO.

Up protein to 200-250g (that not a huge amount really, 4 eggs for breaky and a couple of decent sized chicken breast will cover most of that. a decent shake will sort the rest.)

Up fats to around 150g, Good fats, nuts, extra virgin olive oil. Eggs.

Youll probably get some carbs from incidentals like the nuts and veg, (eat lots of green veg) Try and stay clear of anything processed like breads. Spuds/rice are generally considered 'better' sources.

I dont like carbs at all to be honest, especially when cutting. But do use them. Stay clear first thing and last thing IMO.

·
Newbie Trainer
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ive tried just gaining muscle, but the end of the day im overweight too by like 5 stone which is never good

im not lazy

i swim 3 times a week ride 10 miles a day mon-friday and around 50 every sunday so i have the cardio side sorted.

just trying to sort the diet out now

G

·
5 stone over weight? at 6'6" tall. Who told you that??

At 75kg and 6'6" youll be a ****ing been pole. Think peter crouch, DO you really want to look like crouchy? really/>?

·
Extreme Labs Ambassador
11,577 Posts
I eat on pack a day for a calorie bump with 4 chicken drumsticks pint of milk and lots of bread. Wouldn't go near if i was trying to lose weight though.

·
Banned
9,878 Posts
Lol there is 70 grams of carbs in supernoodles but they are not bad as a balanced diet

I went off them for years! But back to having them as snacks again they well nice

·
Extreme Labs Ambassador
11,577 Posts
The Raptor said:
Lol there is 70 grams of carbs in supernoodles but they are not bad as a balanced diet

I went off them for years! But back to having them as snacks again they well nice
Only the Curry for me. Anything else tastes like plastic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.