UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who’s owner what super sport bikes and how did you find them? More interested in bigger lads say 6ft and 100kg and above. Currently looking at some zx6r, cbr600rr and GSXR 600. All 2006-2011 models.
Have a budget or 4.5k and figure this side of Christmas in the winter is the best time to buy a bike to save £500-1000 what the price will be come April

·
Looking Freaky
1,212 Posts
Owned a couple pre wife and kids. I suppose I weighed between 110 and 118kg at my heaviest, and I'm 6ft.

First was an R6. Nice first bike. Quick enough, but probs a little small if you're 6ft 3 or more.

Next bike was a gixxer 750. Bit bigger, and the best bike I'll ever own. Only a few kg heavier than a 600 so you could still throw it around a bit, but went like sh1t off a shovel.

Have ridden a few litre bikes but after owning the GSXR 750, I could never really see the point.

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve looked a lot at the GSXR 750
and the zx6r 636cc. The CBR 600RR I find very small same as the Daytona 675 I’ve never ridden a r6 or a GSXR 600. Interested to see what’s best for a biggish lad. I was planning to get the street triple for nice rides but I’ve realised the hooligan in me wants a super sports and that’s fine. Just need
To decide on the best one for my size

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
577 Posts
It's all from memory but the ZX6R 636 is slightly bigger than some of the others. The Triumph was definitely designed with racing in mind - it has an adjustable swing arm and the only Triumph with a steering damper, or it did when made originally, so it will be smaller I would think. Get yourself on a few test rides, only way to sort it really Tricky.

·
Non Nissan Note Driver
3,571 Posts
I think you’ll get bored quickly of the 600. I’d say go for 750. My last was S1000RR. By far the best bike I’ve ever owned.
The worse was my 899 panigale. Crap.

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
426 Posts
Got an old aprilia, not the fastest bike but by a long way the best handling and performing bike I’ve ever even rode! It’s amazing! I won’t move away from these now 😍

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Get the 750 gsxr
You will regret getting the 600 as the 750 has a bit more power...get a power commander for it as well..
I changed the gearing on mine 1 down on front sprocket 1 up at back you will lose a little bit top end but still had 165 with a bit more to go...
Best bike I had .so recommend the 750...

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you’ll get bored quickly of the 600. I’d say go for 750. My last was S1000RR. By far the best bike I’ve ever owned.
The worse was my 899 panigale. Crap.
not to many 750’s up for sale that’s the only thing. The Daytona 675 and cbr600rr feel small. Not fussed on the r6.
I’m torn between the zx6r 636 or the GSXR 600. Unless a good deal comes up on a 750

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
426 Posts
not to many 750’s up for sale that’s the only thing. The Daytona 675 and cbr600rr feel small. Not fussed on the r6.
I’m torn between the zx6r 636 or the GSXR 600. Unless a good deal comes up on a 750
Is there a reason your not after a thousand? 600s always feel fast… for the first couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there a reason your not after a thousand? 600s always feel fast… for the first couple of weeks.
Budget and insurance costs really. They are more expensive to buy; insure and run. Just fancy a super sport for next season. Had planned to get the street triple R but as said the bike fan in me wants a sports bike not a street

1 - 17 of 17 Posts