UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Kadampa.org
2,914 Posts
yes keep dieting and cardio, that fatty areas are the longest to go

for love handles, don't do abs exercises otherwise you will build muscle under the fat layer of skin and it will look terrible

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
akalatengo said:
don't do abs exercises otherwise you will build muscle under the fat layer of skin and it will look terrible
Sorry, what? :lol:

The first place your body stores fat, which for most of us is the area you mentioned, is always the last place you'll lose it from. What kind of cardio are you doing at the moment Gareth?

·
tryin...
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
loads of running, ive noticed my side seem to have swole at my lovehandle area lol..could it be that the torso twists and situps etc are building muscle below the fat as its still fat on the outside and i feel the muscle below it..fooking weird looking.should i up my running to 25minutes a session? never see results as the same thing always happens me sides get slightly larger.

·
tryin...
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help lads, right here it goes, im probably going to get slated for poor diet but i havnt a clue to be honest.

Diet, breakfast (cereal and tea), banana and apple, lunch(sandwich with chicken breast fillet and salad, rice and fruit), Tea, Dinner(usually chichen with sauce and potatos or rice), or a beef stir fry, apple, TEA and then before bed sometimes (Tea and brown bread toast) so i dont eat much or probably not enough for someone whose 14.5stone.

Workout every 2 days -

20mins run usually around 2miles,

leg extensions 4 x 40kg

leg press 3 x 60kg

Torso twist 4 x 40or50kg

lat pulls 3 x 50kg

pec dec 3 x 40kg

sit ups 3 x 20

bike 15minutes

bench is a ****e 2 x 10 at 50kg (i think thats right isnt the bar 10kg and 2 x 20kg)

then bench 2 x 8 at 50kg

arm pull ins lol (dont know the machine name i hold on both sides arm at full stretch and pull in towards my chest?) 4 x 25kg

Some dumbell work for 10mins

Then swim for 10mins

Then when im not at gym i ride the bike 2miles or go a walk

Thank you

·
Kadampa.org
2,914 Posts
as I said above, if i was you i wouldn't do abs exercises just reduce the cabs and do cardio to loose the love handles

if you do abs exercises or (Torso twist specially with weights) you will build muscle under the layer of fat and it will look terrible.

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
Sorry but that is sh*t advice IMO. Under the same logic you could say.. don't bother lifting weights. You'll build muscle under your fat and will look crap :lol: Reducing carbs I agree with on the other hand.

Gaz do you use a gym or train at home? Routine is very messy, diet is quite bad but could be worse.

·
tryin...
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ahhh jesus lol..workout at gym i wish id a pool in my house. i dont mind doing a diet that someone recommends but i suppose it would need to be based on my exercise and my current form. i do feel muscle under my fat lower gut and sides so maybe i am doing to heavy a weight and not enuf reps..more cardio it seems then and a better diet! i thought not eating chocolate is a good diet lol..

so should i loose all weight first before weight training and what diet exercise to see results. my work is IT Manager so i dont move much during the day which doesnt help.

·
Kadampa.org
2,914 Posts
you use weights to build muscle but you train you abs in the kitchen

don't use weights for abs exercises if you have love handles in fact don't train your abs at all

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
akalatengo said:
you use weights to build muscle but you train you abs in the kitchen

don't use weights for abs exercises if you have love handles in fact don't train your abs at all
lmfao! blatent moron.

go give your advise to someone else. you dont know much.

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
There are many ways to lose fat and I only have experience with keto diets which aren't for everyone.. but they work very, very well. Give this a read;

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/losing-weight/95757-cyclical-ketogenic-diet-true-fat-loss.html

If you don't think that would suit you that's fine, no carbs is quite daunting. You could try carbs at breakfast, pre and post workout and no other carbs apart from green veg for the rest of your meals, so something like this;

Breakfast

eggs/whey

oats/wholemeal toast

Train

Post Workout

whey

cornflour/dextrose/malto. etc

Lunch

chicken/turkey/tuna etc

salad/ green veg (broccoli is my fave)

a healthy oil, evoo, flax etc

Shake or a snack, peanut butter, nuts & an apple won't hurt.

Dinner

steak, beef mince etc

salad/green veg

healthy oil

Before bed, have some peanut butter, some eggs, another shake if you prefer.. maybe some fish oil. Consuming fat's is an important tool in losing body fat mate, don't be scared of it. Ditch the regular tea and start drinking green tea - tastes better when cold, good for fat loss. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, should be doing this anyway really.

As for the routine, I'd go for a push/pull/legs kind of thing and see how you respond;

PULL

Deads 5x5

Row 5x5

Weighted Pull Ups 5x5

Barbell Curl 3x8

PUSH

Bench 5x5

Incline DB Press 5x5

Military Press 5x5

CGBP 3x8

LEGS

Squat 5x5

SLDL 5x5

Lying Leg Curl 3x8

Calf Raise 3x20

Make of that what you will :thumbup1:

As for cardio, look up HIIT.

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
your advice is terrible, the only thing people are learning from you is that you dont know what your talking about. you can train abbdominals with weights if you want to, that is in no way going to effect your fat loss! im stunned you think otherwise. and to say itll make him look terrible is just moronic. hell have denser muscle under there and in the long run will look better for it. thats like saying well im on a cutting diet so i shouldnt do deadlift?

lets hope he sees sence and doesnt listen to you eh .

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.