UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Struggling to not go over carbs on deficit

1K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Lifesizepenguin 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to eat to a 1600 calorie deficit and everything seems to be super high in carbs...

Fruit is really high, Pasta and rice(obviously) but they're like for 100g of pasta you get 33g of carbs. If I go over on carbs will that affect my fat loss?? I am also trying to eat 162g of protein a day. Carbs are 81g and fats 72g.

Today what I have planned to eat and have eaten is Scrambled egg(2 eggs) and 100g of chicken breast. Then a a small pot of greek yogurt. Then some Tuna(in spring water) with a a bit of light mayo because Tuna on it's own tastes like ass, and then 100g of Fusilli pasta. Tonight for dinner I plan to have this fajita chicken stir fry kit which is surprisingly very low cal and has( 33g of protein, 7.2g of carbs and 10g of fat.) And I've had some melon but even after all that food I still have 702 calories left with 16g Carbs left and 61g of protein and 44g of fats.

What Can I do? I am clearly doing this wrong but I don't know if I can eat something that's super high in cal and protein to take me up to my deficit and macros so I Don't undereat, But what if this was to take me way over my carbs goal??

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#6 ·
agree with Tin tin seems like a big deficit to be honest, but depends on your goals and where you at muscle wise and whether assisted etc plus deficit from what and where have you calculated. some actual stats height weight age and then your calories split etc. I am in a bigger deficit than I have ever been at the moment but my carbs are higher I try and reduce fats in the first instance, as to keep training up.

#9 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to eat to a 1600 calorie deficit and everything seems to be super high in carbs...

Fruit is really high, Pasta and rice(obviously) but they're like for 100g of pasta you get 33g of carbs. If I go over on carbs will that affect my fat loss?? I am also trying to eat 162g of protein a day. Carbs are 81g and fats 72g.

Today what I have planned to eat and have eaten is Scrambled egg(2 eggs) and 100g of chicken breast. Then a a small pot of greek yogurt. Then some Tuna(in spring water) with a a bit of light mayo because Tuna on it's own tastes like ass, and then 100g of Fusilli pasta. Tonight for dinner I plan to have this fajita chicken stir fry kit which is surprisingly very low cal and has( 33g of protein, 7.2g of carbs and 10g of fat.) And I've had some melon but even after all that food I still have 702 calories left with 16g Carbs left and 61g of protein and 44g of fats.

What Can I do? I am clearly doing this wrong but I don't know if I can eat something that's super high in cal and protein to take me up to my deficit and macros so I Don't undereat, But what if this was to take me way over my carbs goal??

Thanks in advance.
1600 os low, what do you weigh?

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
His stats are:

I currently weigh 180.2lbs and 5'7 in height and I am 18 years old.

I can only think either he has worked it out wrong or he does no exercise at all.

TDEE calc is showing:

20 y.o male, weighing 180 lbs, 5' 7" and not working out or cardio - TDEE 2142 (cutting calories 1642) at -500

Light exercise (1-2 times a week) TDEE 2454 (cutting calories 1954)

Moderate exercise (3-4 times a week) TDEE 2767 (cutting calories 2267)

#14 ·
I don't go to the gym just yet as I'm not driving just yet(learning to) and the nearest one is like 8 miles away. But I have been starting to walk the dog for about a mile and half every night and doing some push ups and stuff with dumbbells but nothing to intense. I started Yesterday but I seem to either go way under calories and go way over on my carbs. Weight hasn't changed, still 180.2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.