UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
101 - 120 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
464 Posts
Then use that as fuel to get that fire burning in you again. When you drink you can find a reason why not to train.
keep at theAA meetings, no one is perfect so stop beating yourself up.
like getting stronger, it doesn’t happen overnight. It’s little bit by little bit and diet and training isn’t 100% perfect all the time. Same with quitting drinking, you’ll always have blips but make sure they are blips.
Dust yourself off, acknowledge your mistakes and look to improve tomorrow.

keep your head up man!!

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom before you bounce back up. But enough is enough now I think

It’s different these days, but back when I was your age my old man would of just give me a good fookin slap and tell me to get my shit in order, and it would usually work

Sometimes I think the fear factor is missing now, everyone’s too pc, too scared to just say what’s really on their mind.

There’s people all over the world fighting poverty, children starving to death, incurable illnesses/diseases.

And you’ve got this guy coming on here, crying how he used to be massive and lift big weights, typing all sorts of shite because he’s too fookin pissed to hit the keyboard right

Give your head a shake and get your act together before you shit your fookin liver out lad

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
646 Posts
Try and calm down, alcohol is a depressant and has you thinking differently. If you have had a drink, don't knock yourself and beat yourself up, think of it as I've veered off my plan to quit but I'll be back on my plan to quit tomorrow. A guy I know worked with drug addiction and that is what he would say. You have had a blip to your plan to quit but get back on your plan to quit tomorrow and move on. Don't beat yourself up Jack, it does not help.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Try and calm down, alcohol is a depressant and has you thinking differently. If you have had a drink, don't knock yourself and beat yourself up, think of it as I've veered off my plan to quit but I'll be back on my plan to quit tomorrow. A guy I know worked with drug addiction and that is what he would say. You have had a blip to your plan to quit but get back on your plan to quit tomorrow and move on. Don't beat yourself up Jack, it does not help.
Is there any chance you can delete what I said? Just put this (…)
I don’t want to see what I said

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Then use that as fuel to get that fire burning in you again. When you drink you can find a reason why not to train.
keep at theAA meetings, no one is perfect so stop beating yourself up.
like getting stronger, it doesn’t happen overnight. It’s little bit by little bit and diet and training isn’t 100% perfect all the time. Same with quitting drinking, you’ll always have blips but make sure they are blips.
Dust yourself off, acknowledge your mistakes and look to improve tomorrow.

keep your head up man!!
Is there any chance you can delete what I said? Just put this (…)
I do t want to see what I said

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
How you doing Jack? Everything OK.
I don’t feel good. I did something stupid the other day when I was really drunk and I also fell over so I’m limping now. If I can not drink today and have a sober day then I can get the ball rolling again. Iv got an AA meeting tonight so that will give some encouragement

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
So great start to lifting so far. Literally nothing has happened. I’m probably weaker now if anything lmao. I just shake my head at myself for that. If I can be sober today then I’ll be feeling fine tomorrow (well not fine, it takes a while to really feel fine but feel more better) then I’ll be going gym tomorrow night.

101 - 120 of 204 Posts