UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to use this as a journal to hopefully stop drinking and beat my PR lifts. I’m not botherd about how I look, it’s just to help me, to stop drinking and get me beating my PR lifts. To make things interesting though I’ll talk a little about the lifting. My beats were 180kg bench, 240kg for both deadlift and squat. This was without steroids although I have used tbol if I remember no longer than a week those lifts were before. Now we are talking about 130kg Bench, 200kg deadlift (I’m okay with the deadlift to be honest but I still need to do a lot better, and probably 140kg squat. I do t train hardly anymore, my heart is still there to go gym I just don’t do anything though. I can’t say I’m training tomorrow but I can say I’m definitely not drinking tomorrow which means next day I’d rather die than not train. I’ll post my daily diet and training exercises. Iv been drinking today so might not happen tomorrow but like I say I can definitely say I am not drinking tomorrow which will mean I write it down on Saturday. Piss takes and tips are welcome 🤗

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put in the work mate and you'll get back to your lifts and more. I'll be keeping an eye on your journal. 180kg bench is one hell of a bench natty or enhanced.

P.s. if you don't stay off the drink and get back into the training I'll be sending hard man Steve down to sort you out
I will be keeping my ass on the bench next time I bench that. That’s my goal, maybe to do more but I don’t know because of in terms of injuries to really do that 180kg plus I feel it’s on the extreme side which means bad injuries

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I guess one start lmao Iv orderd a takeaway to try and get much food in me as I can to be sober as Iv already drank god awful amounts to get through work and train tomorrow night. I very much doubt but can only be hopeful. Training probably will start on sat

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
got my cheat Sunday evening , cannot come quick enough . So what sort of calories will you be hitting for your come back mate . Mostly carbs I am guessing due to you being a power lifter?
Cheat meals are a god send when your alcoholic there diffence of blacking out or not. I feel 3000 is far to few, being slim isn’t a priority. Although I don’t want be to fat (stomach sticking out further than chest) I feel for me it’s going to br 3600 calories a day where I can get a good starting (I work hard Amazon so says it all) then I’ll hit the weights hard afterwards. Feel like that will get me back on point. But to be my best, those best lifts, looking at atleast 4000 calories. FYI I got my best lifts eating far to much 6000 calories a day, not going that way anymore. It’s going to be hard, it’s going to be a journey and it’s going to start tomorrow, like even if I doo oh t train I won’t be drinking that’s that which is going to do me well in me objective

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got my cheat Sunday evening , cannot come quick enough . So what sort of calories will you be hitting for your come back mate . Mostly carbs I am guessing due to you being a power lifter?
Right your answer to mostly carbs. No I tend to do more better recovery when it’s more protein 300g at MAX I know it’s obscured but I’m only going of experience. Mostly going if lean turkey mince. Dann love carbs. Dropping the shit for Iv been eat doughnuts etc going to be hard at first but then I get turned off by them in the end I would imagine. Never liked junk food when I was training anyway

·
Getting HUGE!
4,818 Posts
If you spend a little extra time to make your food tatse good, you don't need shit food.
Home made burgers and chips, pasta bakes, home made chili's, chicken fajitas..... You'll save money too.

I don't really give a **** about taste for most part so I can't drink 200grams of cream of rice, or 300 grams of. Jasmin rice with a bit of low kcal tikka sauce no problem.
I might get a chicken shish kebab or asda fresh made pizza like once every 6 weeks

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you spend a little extra time to make your food tatse good, you don't need shit food.
Home made burgers and chips, pasta bakes, home made chili's, chicken fajitas..... You'll save money too.

I don't really give a **** about taste for most part so I can't drink 200grams of cream of rice, or 300 grams of. Jasmin rice with a bit of low kcal tikka sauce no problem.
I might get a chicken shish kebab or asda fresh made pizza like once every 6 weeks
I’m with you once I’ll be training properly ( I say properly as Iv always tried at least through my alcoholism) Ince I do it properly I’ll be back thinking that training mode where I only see food as maths, nutrition, recovery that’s it to me

·
Looking Freaky
2,544 Posts
Right your answer to mostly carbs. No I tend to do more better recovery when it’s more protein 300g at MAX I know it’s obscured but I’m only going of experience. Mostly going if lean turkey mince. Dann love carbs. Dropping the shit for Iv been eat doughnuts etc going to be hard at first but then I get turned off by them in the end I would imagine. Never liked junk food when I was training anyway
sounds sensible to me mate and better for recovery , I don’t tend to eat much junk on a bulk I tend to dislike it the same as you do , due to the amount of good food I am eating , I only crave shit while cutting personally .

1 - 20 of 148 Posts