UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to order some syringes, however on my last cycle I was having trouble with sticky syringe plungers.

This I believe is down to the EO used in the high mg/ml mix.

I'd get the needle in then have trouble getting the plunger to move, this caused me quite a bit of post injection pain.

Now I can't remember if they were BD or Terumo. I think i was using BD.

Has anybody else suffered the same & if so which Syringe was you using.

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
Its the EO mate, it attacks the rubber, it wont matter what pin you buy.

Viramone is my fav prop and it is sick with sticking.

Best to mix pull some other gear first, then put the other gear on top of it, this will prevent the sticking, and it wont take much to lube it.

But you have to pull the non sticky stuff first.

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
I find Terumo barrels more prone to sticking though, get BD's

If you pull the plunger back and forth a few times with your gear in it - it will lube the cyclinder and glide easier

(none of my gear is EO based and it still does it)

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
Interesting, this.

Do you guys with sticky problems load the syringe and wait any appreciable time berfore injecting?

The plungers are usually siliconed to move smoothly, but gear excipients seem to dissolve this after a few minutes (it's harmless).

Something that might help is to load the syringe and ensure you have an air bubble in it; tip the syringe needle-down till you use it, and while you inject, so the bubble is always against the plunger.

Don't worry about injecting a bit of air - you've aspirated, of course, so you know you're not injecting into a bloodvessel and a little air won't cause any harm, and even push all your precious gear in.

And if you're holding the syringe still with your free hand while injecting, as is wise, don't squeeze the barrel - this makes the plunger hard to move. Better to hold the needle-top still.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Prodiver said:
Don't worry about injecting a bit of air - you've aspirated, of course, so you know you're not injecting into a bloodvessel and a little air won't cause any harm, and even push all your precious gear in.
Even if you did inject that little air bubble into a blood vessel would it cause issues? I remember reading that in order for it to cause serious issues you would need the equiv of 1ml of air being injected at once? I'm not questioning what you're saying is wrong mate I'm just interested.

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
YetiMan said:
Even if you did inject that little air bubble into a blood vessel would it cause issues? I remember reading that in order for it to cause serious issues you would need the equiv of 1ml of air being injected at once? I'm not questioning what you're saying is wrong mate I'm just interested.
Injecting even a small amount of air actually into a bloodvessel could cause a problem. And 1 ml is really quite a small amount.

The clotting agents in the blood regard an air bubble the same as an open wound: their aerophilic ends turn to the air and their hygrophilic ends turn to the water in the blood, and cause a thrombosis - blood clot - to stop the bleeding.

If the clot is big enough it can block a vein, or it could dislodge and travel to the heart, lungs or brain and cause breathing difficulties, fainting, a heart attack or stroke.

Small clots my be redissolved by the body before they do any harm. But guys on gear tend to get a raised hematocrit and therefore "stickier" blood, so any clots are likely to be more serious.

So it's best not to chance injecting anything into the bloodstream!

·
Newbie Trainer
96 Posts
i think you will find that terumo are the best manufacturer of barrels and needles:

syringes, double gasket, conical head to ease flow pressure and dead space

needles- clinical papers to prove they are the sharpest (triple cut)

most people dont even pay attention to bevel up during injecting, if they did, would reduce tissue trauma

·
Newbie Trainer
96 Posts
i'd like to throw an addendum into my previous post:

syringe barrels usually come in either two part or 3 part, if you are talking 2 part (usually blue driver) the this is the cheap and cheerful end, if you are talking 3 part, then i'll stand by my comments.

but since most users get these for free- i doubt if the needle services will go to the expense of 3 part syringes???

bd were definitely market leader, but have been overtaken recently by terumo, b braun and codan are at the bottom of the league.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.