UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Steroids: Whats the downside

5K views 72 replies 27 participants last post by  3752 
kamal said:
Steroids is a pretty wide catch-all umbrella...but from my own experience:

I got into (and really likes) testoviron. I did a short cycle in '91 - followed by another cycle in 92 - then in 93 I really got carried away. I did sus, d-bol and deca going upto - eventually 500mg of sus, 3-4 d-bol a day and 400mg of deca. I looked and felt wonderful - but I just did not want to come off. This is the psychological addiction that noone seems to want to talk about...

I eventually did in my immune system, started to get bad abscesses and came off in a scare with no PCT. I lost 2 stone ion modyweight in a matter of weeks - like the guy with "poison ivy" in that movie (was it a batman movie?) when his tubes were disconnected by batman - heh!

I have an addictive personality and I had (probably still have) many self esteem issues going on in my head. Then around 99-2000 I did a short cycle of M1T which made me feel suicidal, really bad.

Now I'm just too worried about my postrate to risk anything like that - especially as most the guys I knew around my age who did gear are suffering from enlarged protrates. My sex life is too important to me to risk that - besides, since I learnt to keep my workouts simple with large compound movements and got my diet in gear (pardon the pun) - I look twice as good and am stronger than I ever was on the gear.

When you're young you feel invincible - but now I can see the horizon approaching, I'd prefer to keep safe. After all, I got into BBing to attract the ladies, not to be the biggest MoFo on the block - and it took me a while to realise that being "boulder man" was just not worth it. Add to that having to inject, bum like a pin cuision - nerve damage in my bum several times, the acne, the bad breath, the smelly (I mean really smelly) sweat, etc, etc
But dude, the abseccess could have been down to your injection technique, and im not saying you did it wrong or anything but you could have probably avoided that. Also if you had of done PCT you would have

had a better recovery. where you using a lot of gear? you sound like you

could have been abusing as opposed to using? and the other side effects

ie bad breath etc can be counter acted, especially if you take for instance protein drinks can give you bad breath if you have them all the time, just use mouthwash and chew chewy!

Again dude, i aint trying to get your back up or say that you were practising wrong but some people do who end up in the same position

as yourself.

but anyway the downsides for me are,

1. a bit of acne when i come off/do certain compounds.

2. people that tell me you dont have to work as hard when you are on :mad:

3. shin splints..ah well!

kamal said:
The extra testosterone is very unsafe if you are older due to it's effects on the prostrate and blood pressure, HDL levels, etc. Did you know the last stop for combatting prostrate cancer is castration? scary...

but I will admit to using large amounts of tribulus and horny goat weed
whhhhhaattt!!! where did you get that from?

as for tribulus...ive used loads of it before and that doesnt do anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.