UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
GYMBABE said:
The study's design did not allow researchers to conclude definitively than steroids were the cause of the increased violent behavior, he said.

need we say more - another crap article. Lets see the articles where men have attacked or murdered their wives under the influence of drink or drugs, i bet is 100 times more than that 1 incident they have mentioned in that article re AAS
well said gymbabe!!!!

the article was not in full,just the bits they wanted to highlight to give weight to what they are saying...bull!!!!!

what you could do is for example...is take aspirin....does one size fit all???

what i mean is...does apsirin work the same pharmacologically,biologically,physiologically in everybody....answer is NO!!!!

so with such a media biased,stereotyped attitude...the answers to steroids is NO!!!

the people in this world as you probably know are all different...we all have different DNA....so we are all pre-determined to different things in life,including genetics,lifestyle,coping,stress etc etc...

so this research...if a big research,say over 1000 people at least,for longer periods than a year or so,with hard specific evidence pointing to scientific evidence which relates to the majority that ALL steroid users are prone to violence....then i'd let a 6ft tall shemale,take me into a dark room...and i'll be its slut for the night!!!!

now the probability of that happeneing is nil...i mean never!!!!

because people have pre-determined patterns of behaviour,either through nurture or nature....so when you have a killer who's killed without steroids,then give him steroids and he kills again...what do you blame next????

drink and recreational drugs are the cause of far worse!!!

ok...testosterone...is a male slow chemical messenger hormone...normally males have a substantial increase during puberty...the effects,think we all know...development of sexual maturity(spermatazoa) and sexual organ growth,muscle growth,deepening of voice,coursening of skin,hair growth in other areas...bla bla(sorry sunday,just wanna get my point across without going too deep now)

and yes if a male who is training with a fair amount of muscle takes exogenous testosterone,then this increase is quite high in comparison to normal range values(not given here,i will find some)...so this creates a free floating testosterone(bound testosterone to sex-hormone binding globulin SHBG or a protein bound testosterone will not enter the cell theoretically,lots more to it).....

anyway free floating or bio-available testosterone is what will cause the increase in productivity...

now taking into consideration the rise...side effects are common-place,but it is well (gonna throw some science in now) known that testosterone regulates various behavioral and neuroendocrine functions in males,even females(yes females have a small amount of test present too) in the brain, as in many peripheral tissues(liver,kidnes,blood etc etc etc etc etc), testosterone not only acts through androgen receptors (AR) in its original form or as the 5alpha-reduced form (dihydrotestosterone), but also partly through estrogen receptors (ER), after being aromatized to estrogen....so

dependent on potency and aromatisation and change of gene expression(not getting into mRNA and all that)...when this gene expression occured in certain localised areas in the brain binding to 17 beta-estradiol...this causes certain behaviours different to the norm,because as i say before there is an increase rate of chemical messenger(in the form of AAS),gene expression and conversion to estradiol/eostrogen levels....but this behaviour does mean exclusively that you can single out AAS use as the offending molecule for violent behaviour or aggresiveness...because...there are too many variables....such as:as said social experiences,lifestyle(even diet),social exclusion,stress......blimey....too many to mention....

but what if you are a pre-determined aggresive type person,risk taker,competitve etc etc....what if you have symptoms and psychological issues previously....then take any many of substances...which can/would enhance this behaviour??????

so pointing the finger at AAS's is silly...yes i agree,with personal experience i get bloody off key with the stuff especially the stronger tests...and am quite partial to losing it...only for good reason mind(hahahah...my dinners fcking late by 30 seconds grrrrrrrr) joking aside!!!

but does that mean everybody is prone to voilence...????

big NO NO.....cos it is only a handful of people that actually do take it to a violent act....in reality!!!!

how many steroid related articles,news stories etc etc etc do you really hear of...you dont...it is very minor...people who are wife beaters,are like that already,jealous nutjobs...aggressive boxers,prize fighters...local nut cases...things in their life etc etc made em that way...not steroids!!!!!

but i agree steroids can enhance moods!!!!!!!

just easy to piont the finger and blame...because most people need something to blame to put their mind at ease...rather than have no idea to what causes certain behaviours!!!!!

so answer...too many variables!!!!

and yes steroids do increase behaviours...but not in all...only a small minority!!!!

so...really you'd be better off using alcohol instead of steroids as your title...you'd find that although people do things not their intake of substances...alcohol has been the fuel of many rages,fights...and the state of the little chav scums that terrorise neighborhoods n streets these days!!!!

ooops verred of the issue!!!!

you get what i mean mate!!!!

i apologise for getting deep ...i just went into one....no personal issues here...just got caught up in the debate...got into a massdebate.....sorry crude joke!!!!

·
Newbie Trainer
51 Posts
ha ha ha AND YOUR A 1000 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO BE INVOLVED IN A GANG AND KNIFE CRIME IF YOUR BLACK!! AND THERE NOT USING STEROIDS!!! SO WHATS HIS ANSWER ON THAT , ITS NOT THE DRUGS THAT CONTROLS ACTIONS ITS THE INDIVIDUAL!! A THREE YR OLD KNOWS GOOD FROM BAD!!!! P.S IM NO RACIEST ITS JUST A TRUE FACT!! AND DWAINE "DIBBLEY" CHAMBERS FACTS ARE NOT RIGHT AT ALL, STEROIDS ARE BAND FROM ATHLETICS BECAUSE ITS CHEATING AND THATS FAIR ENOUGH ,BUT IT SHUDNT STOP NON COMPETITIVE ATHLETES FROM USING THEM!! HMMM WHO MAKES MORE TROUBLE BODYBUILDERS WHO USE MALE HORMONES ,WHICH IS ALREADY IN OUR BODIES " OR FOOTBALL FANS WHO FUEL UP ON ALCOHOL!! ??? BESIDES MY GRAN HAS CANCER AND SHE IS USING STEROIDS AND IT DOESNT MAKE HER VOILENT!! I THINK BODYBUILDERS WILL ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE ANY REAL EVIDENCE THAT STEROIDS ARE BAD!!!

·
Gym Addict
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting contributions.

Personally I don't particularly care if it does have this effect on some people as long as it doesn't effect me That's the main thing. It is a bit worrying if some nut job started using gear though, but then they are probably the type who would get violent anyway and were using steroids to be better at violence.

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
red123234 said:
ha ha ha AND YOUR A 1000 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO BE INVOLVED IN A GANG AND KNIFE CRIME IF YOUR BLACK!! AND THERE NOT USING STEROIDS!!! SO WHATS HIS ANSWER ON THAT , ITS NOT THE DRUGS THAT CONTROLS ACTIONS ITS THE INDIVIDUAL!! A THREE YR OLD KNOWS GOOD FROM BAD!!!! P.S IM NO RACIEST ITS JUST A TRUE FACT!! AND DWAINE "DIBBLEY" CHAMBERS FACTS ARE NOT RIGHT AT ALL, STEROIDS ARE BAND FROM ATHLETICS BECAUSE ITS CHEATING AND THATS FAIR ENOUGH ,BUT IT SHUDNT STOP NON COMPETITIVE ATHLETES FROM USING THEM!! HMMM WHO MAKES MORE TROUBLE BODYBUILDERS WHO USE MALE HORMONES ,WHICH IS ALREADY IN OUR BODIES " OR FOOTBALL FANS WHO FUEL UP ON ALCOHOL!! ??? BESIDES MY GRAN HAS CANCER AND SHE IS USING STEROIDS AND IT DOESNT MAKE HER VOILENT!! I THINK BODYBUILDERS WILL ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE ANY REAL EVIDENCE THAT STEROIDS ARE BAD!!!
dont know if your referring to me,but if you are...then go back and read carefully what i wrote mush,think you'd be surprised at what i'm saying...and its not against steroids or blaming steroids!!!!!

...if not...i apologise!!!!

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
whats black and knife crime got to do with this steroid debate?

fcking iddiot...i'm a coloured chap,so what is he talking about...come and correct yourself mate or go away if you aint gonna contribute anything decent to the thread!!!!

·
Minder
1,060 Posts
Tricky one to answer, My wife says I'm a lot more mellow when I'm on a cycle even though I beat people up nearly everyday (I teach mixed martial arts ) , but on the other hand someone I know beat up 3 doormen and his wife whilest on them, but he had gone drinking too so It could have been the roids mixed with beer, it could have been just the roids to blame, or it could be that he is just an aggresive person he got 10 years.At the end of the day its the person that makes the diffrence not the drug and if you know its affecting you in the wrong way then stop it and try a diffrent one thats wht the doc does when he pescrides something and it gives sides you dont like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.