UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I workout in my garage at present and am concerned about safety with regard to squatting. I'm just embarking on a new training program (Madcow 5x5) and am worried that as the weights increase I'm at risk since I have no spotter or rack. Any ideas on what squat variant I can use to maximise my safety?

Cheers

LD

·
Not as skinny as in my avi:)
809 Posts
You need a rack if you are going to squat seriously with a barbell imo.

Heavy dumbells might be an option though

·
Natural0
10,018 Posts
How much do you squat?

How close to failure will you be squatting?

How will you be getting the weight on your shoulders?

Zerchers are an option (YouTube it...)

·
Newbie Trainer
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TH&S said:
How much do you squat?

How close to failure will you be squatting?

How will you be getting the weight on your shoulders?

Zerchers are an option (YouTube it...)
I'm a newbie that hasn't really squatted before. It's only since being on here for a few weeks and deciding to follow a basic compound exercise routine that I've realised how important they are. Just about to start Madcow and my 1st week 5RM will be 60kg. That weight doesn't bother me as it's under what I already know I can squat, I'm worried about what happens a few weeks/months down the line.

Oh, and I have a York weight bench that has a rack on it that I reverse to use as a squat rack. Not ideal at all...

Cheers

LD

·
Getting Back Into Training :-)
162 Posts
I workout from home with no squat rack, I just have to clean the barbell off the floor to my chest then lift over my head squat an then lift back over to the floor luckily I don't go past 70kg because Im no good at squatting

·
Grey but still growing
51 Posts
Straddle lift? Ain't seen anyone do these for years.

Barbell hack squats, again ain't seen anyone do these for years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts