UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Squat 3 x A Week - Overtraining or Not?

7K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  craftybutcher 
damon86 said:
I just think if you hit your legs hard enough they need a week to recover and grow.
Only if your bodybuilding and your only goal is to get bigger.

to the OP ive done squatting 3 x a week for many months ann i am currecntly doing it again and it does not lead to overtraining which is why the volume is so low.

if it is done at the correct starting weight, progressed at a slow and reasonable pace, you eat enough food to support your size and strength, you will never overtrain squatting 3x per week.

mikex101 said:
Certainly did. Legs exploded too.

Will say though, if your going to give it a try, dont think about doing anything other than squatting. Its serious.
your not wrong, ive heard of making gains before but jesus the gains i made from squatting 3x per week took the p1ss big time and im not taking just an inch either.

whatever anyone decides, no matter what you platue on or how you do it, never ever sacrifice the squat on these programs for anything, i would say dont even worry about any other bodyparts other than the squat, its the absoloute key on this type of program.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.