UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys..just recieved a letter with intending prosecution..

went thru a speed camera 35 in a 30..anything i can do to get out of it..

i dont know a traffic officer in england who would pull you over for that speed..ridiculous!!!!

·
4,532 Posts
That's unlucky to get a ticket for 35, as the camreas are set at 10% plus 2, which would be bang on 35. Nothing you can do though, you could contest it but unless you have a bloody good reason it won't work.

·
Mine's bigger than yours!....My dad, that is!
295 Posts
Only things I can think of that you can ask with a possibility of the info not being given & so you could attempt to persuade the Magistrates that you can't defend yourself properly are....

1. When was the camera last calibrated & by whom? (Pretty certain there are meant to be regular checks/certain time periods).

2. Was it set correctly? (The angle of the camera looking down on the road markings has to be precise, otherwise it will give a 'false' reading).

There is a website with good info regarding things like this but for the life of me I can't remember it! SORRY!!

Normally as said, they are set at speed limit+10%+2 (30+3+2 = 35), so you are one unlucky dude to get a summons for this!

·
Picking up Iron for quarter of a century
113 Posts
Sorry mate, 99% of the time you are screwed,

Man up and take it, usually car speedos read high so yours probably said just under 40 at the time you went through the camera.

I drive all day and this sucks but it happens

·
Dont give up on us baby
7,731 Posts
I was watching a repeat of top gear the other night and they was going around a race track in old cars to see who's car would go the fastest, any how i think it was hamster who was clocked at 115mph with a speed gun, but he said over the radio, it was only showing 110mph on his speedo, so you could well of been doing 29-30mph by the speedo in the car when you was clocked at 35mph by the speed camara, it proberly happens more than we think, one big con.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.