UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So the events have been announced for this years wsm 2021 in a months time. So who are we thinking based on events. @Kazza61 @swole troll @BLUE(UK) only three I know who might be interested. :lol:

Qualifying Round - Day One

Qualifying Round - Day Two

Qualifying Round - Day Three

• Overhead Medley

• Pickaxe Hold

• Stone Off

Final - Day One

• Giant's Medley

• Titan's Turntable

• REIGN Keg Toss

Final - Day Two

• Log Lift

• KNAACK Deadlift

• Atlas Stones

Athletes

·
Super Moderator
12,689 Posts
Ortmayer?! Jesus he must be worn out by now, not seen him since ifsa days.

At a glance I'd say the stand outs based on the events would be

Tom stoltman for loading, stones, maaaybe the fingers. His overhead, squat and dead need work for the world's standard.

JF caron will be right up there on the dead, overall a contender even, he's at that tipping point though, if he doesn't pull something out the bag soon he'll be too old to.

Luke stoltman and hixy will be a good battle for the overhead but neither are world contenders for the comp.

Pritchett again is always a solid contender, be a good DL showdown between him and JF, if it's high rep then can't always rule out mark Felix although I feel the age is starting to catch up at 50 odd.

Luke Richardson has a very promising future but still going through anabolic puberty.

Shaw is too beat up, he may do well but the big performances are very limited for him now and he's always risking injury.

Isn't Bilton the Welsh guard ? About 450lb with a humongous belly, can't remember if he was even that dominant in UKs let alone world's.

Just spotted shivlakov and bishop too, this will be a good DL event this year, hopefully it's conventional and not some goofy variation.

Although they have realised the popularity of keeping that relatively clean over the famous old barrel loaded Smith contraption.

I'll be interested to watch as always, I've actually seen every final since the show started and the vast majority of the heats since the early 90s.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Oleksii seemed not only young but least affected by the events. He also didn't seem like he'd pushed the boundaries with gear(not the usual signs) so I'd think that unless another competitor has made radical changes, Oleksii will win.

·
I don't sleep, I just dream.
10,957 Posts
Until they include women and change it into "World's strongest person" I ain't interested. It's a little thing called "equality" lads. Let's have a bit of it in this world for once eh? ;)

·
its an unlicensed boxing match tommy, not a tickli
5,922 Posts
Novikov

JF

T. Stoltman

Obert is done as a worlds strongest man if last year is anything to go by, I think his head has been turned by being a personality on other speciality programs.

Evan will be top 5 but he needs to calm down I could be well wrong here but his lifting seemed to be outright ego/rage more than technique

·
Getting HUGE!
9,319 Posts
WSM kicks off next week.

Groupings are out and a chance to take a look at how the final may shape up and who the casualties are likely to be.

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4

Group 5

·
Getting HUGE!
9,319 Posts
When will it be on Tv to watch ?
Not till Christmas for us as usual. America get it in July and different countries around the world show it at different times. You can buy a pass to watch bits and pieces and backstage stuff on Facebook but not full events. WSM makes its money by selling the event as a TV package.

·
I Lift...Honest
7,349 Posts
Trey Mitchell has a big future

Watched a YouTube thing of him with licis and a few others and his ROM for a big guy was insane none of the others could match him

And he easily banged out a load of pull ups and full depth dips was impressive and seemed like a good guy

·
Test related info.
2,934 Posts
What happened to Martins Licis?

Has he gone the same route as Eddie - one and done

Personally excited to see Luke stoltman compete against Novikov in groups - seems to have been really tuned in this year

·
Getting HUGE!
9,319 Posts
What happened to Martins Licis?
Injured in a car accident (hip I believe). Which is why he didn't compete last year either.

Re. 2021 WSM:

Taking to Instagram, he explained that the reason he is not competing is because he is still dealing with lingering problems from this injury, and is currently undergoing stem cell treatment to repair things. However he did reveal that he has his sights set on competing at the he Arnolds Classic World Final and the Rogue Invitational in the fall.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Injured in a car accident (hip I believe). Which is why he didn't compete last year either.

Re. 2021 WSM:

Taking to Instagram, he explained that the reason he is not competing is because he is still dealing with lingering problems from this injury, and is currently undergoing stem cell treatment to repair things. However he did reveal that he has his sights set on competing at the he Arnolds Classic World Final and the Rogue Invitational in the fall.
He's in a few Squat University vids.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts