UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all we all make mistakes so no judging please. In process of a new job offer and informed them of my unspent driving conviction and one petty drug charge but they won’t see it as that was possession of cocaine , no penalty for it.
However they’re ok with that as I disclosed it.
The thing is I have convictions from 2016 and 2017 for drink driving and they are still on. I was under the impression they are spent after 3 years,
Or are some things spent and still show on dbs for 10 years ? Can anyone confirm as not sure where I stand and if I need to disclose these, as if it’s spent but it still shows on dbs they can’t use it against me

cheers all

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi all we all make mistakes so no judging please. In process of a new job offer and informed them of my unspent driving conviction and one petty drug charge but they won’t see it as that was possession of cocaine , no penalty for it.
However they’re ok with that as I disclosed it.
The thing is I have convictions from 2016 and 2017 for drink driving and they are still on. I was under the impression they are spent after 3 years,
Or are some things spent and still show on dbs for 10 years ? Can anyone confirm as not sure where I stand and if I need to disclose these, as if it’s spent but it still shows on dbs they can’t use it against me

cheers all
Endorsement points don't show on dbs.

Did u get convicted with anything, if so how long and when?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
It depends on what type of DBS check it is. If it is enhanced DBS then they can put spent and unspent if the offence is relevant to the job your applying too. I believe spent convictions are 11 years and spent cautions are 6 years. Regular DBS will not include spent convictions.

I had an enhanced DBS check done on me and I had a really minor caution for common assault appear on my check dating 10 and a half years ago. My regular DBS check did not pick this up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts