UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
If your attack is going really well, it's an a
433 Posts
Greyphantom said:
LOL nah its the biceps and chest and loads of weight with loads of partials and spotting innit... :D
:lol: Im telling you, we are all doing something wrong cuz 90% of the guys at my gym do biceps and chat to get big.......

and the day one of them works legs i shall eat my shorts :cool2:

Anyway, good post.......i need telling sometimes to stop being a pussy and lift BIG :thumbup1:

·
Getting Massive, Current PB: Squats 142.5kg x5ATG,
548 Posts
Instead of the machine rows could you do barbell rows? instead of tricep extentions dips? and pullups instead of lat pulldowns? or is there a reason for them mate?

·
Gym Addict
353 Posts
mate, done the pulling excercises yesterday and i can safely say that it was the best workout ive had in yonks!!!!!!

not too many sets, but lifting big does help!

done my pb on deads (160kg) aswell which is good....will try more next time!!!!

im on a cut atm so this is probably the best routine u have put for keeping as much muscle as poss.....cant wait to see what the nutrition side of its like!

thanks again

·
Slowly, slowly, spanky monkey…
853 Posts
Looks good - but as a 'traditional' body part on a particular day sort a bloke, I would ask if it's comprehensive enough?

For example on shoulders day I do front delts, rear delts, presses and traps...Where as you're suggesting presses only... :confused1:

May give this a go though as it's about time I changed my routine.

·
.....train hard or fcuk off!!!
2,041 Posts
Totally understand what your saying, but just to play devils advocate, there are plenty of people who also say the guy in the gym with the best body always be the strongest. Lots of advice on here saying 12 good reps is best for growth, feel the rep, mind muscle connection and all that! Thoughts?

Thats what i've been doing recently (3 x 12 reps) and seen some nice results, i think mainly due to the fact i sorted my diet right out, but results nether the less.

I've just had a week off, back tomorrow, might try your approach and see how it goes!

·
Newbie Trainer
14 Posts
I have been giving this routine a go for a few of weeks and I'm getting the best gains in mass and strength I've had in ages.

I think that having rest days between sessions is giving me the strength to really push myself with every exercise. Every session I do I seem to be hitting a new personal best and I've broken through plateaus that I had been struggling with.

·
Newbie Trainer
14 Posts
I have been giving this routine a go for a few of weeks and I'm getting the best gains in mass and strength I've had in ages.

I think that having rest days between sessions is giving me the strength to really push myself with every exercise. Every session I do I seem to be hitting a new personal best and I've broken through plateaus that I had been struggling with.

·
Newbie Trainer
14 Posts
Still making progress with my variation of this workout but would appreciate some advice on the Push day.

Currently I'm doing

Flat barbell bench press

Seated db shoulder press

Weighted dips

Db flies

Triceps extensions

Do you think I'm doing enough to develop my shoulders? Should I include some lateral raises?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.