UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
longing for the 80s
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought id add some before and after pictures of an 9 week keto diet ive just done,to be honest i could of been alot more strict with the diet at times but i was seeing a steady drop in weight so wasnt overly concerned.

weigh in on the BEFORE pics(i must stress these pics were taken sometime before my keto,so i was propably a little porkier after these were taken) was 189 lb and the AFTER pics are 171lb,annoyingly enough i was down to 169lb but went away for the weekend and kinda had a blowout but think now im ready to start bulking but shall certainly be watching the b/f very closely.

heres a before and after front view

post-33564-143614193916_thumb.jpg

post-33564-143614193958_thumb.jpg

Attachments

·
longing for the 80s
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xpower said:
Great progress Joe.

Massive difference:thumbup1:
cheers,ive enjoyed the keto,although strengh has dropped,energy levels etc have been great even with added cardio.

to be honest im not really sure if ive even got into TRUE ketosis,ive been drinking diet drinks with aspartame in,coffee with it also and NEVER had decent reading off the keto stix.

problem is all my jeans are now hanging off my ass like some bad ass rapper:cool2:

·
longing for the 80s
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers guys,am really looking forward to bulking now,never thought id say this but im actually looking forward to eating oats every day*yum yum*

although i could quite happily continue a zero carb diet for alot longer i just want to put abit of size on now...back to cutting come winter time.

thanks again forthe votes of confidence:beer:

·
Newbie Trainer
23 Posts
Keto sticks arnt always accurate and sometimes give nil reading because of the amount of water you will be drinking (a gallon a day maybe)

have you had the headaches, metal smell in breath, along with the tirdness are all symtoms of keto

·
Newbie Trainer
15 Posts
Just viewed the pics, very impressive mate, a real transformation and well done for that. I'm on a keto myself now, lost apx 10lbs over 4-5 weeks, going steady and not finding it that diffcult keeping off the carbs to be honest, having my refeed on Saturdays. Im going on hol later this month and haven't decided whether to just come off keto while away or do a rotational carb for the two weeks, then get back on to keto after my hols. Tried the keto stix and they dont even show that im in ketosis, but the mirror doesnt lie as far as bodyfat levels decreasing, so who cares! I actually look to have gained a couple lbs of muscle and my poundages are continuing to go up?!

I've struggled with losing weight and getting bodyfat levels down for years and i'm finding keto the easiest 'diet' to stick to, it just gets a little mundane mon - sat eating the same **** every day and feeling pretty tired, but i guess thats the same with any diet to reduce bodyfat %.

Keep up the progress mate and keep us all posted. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.