UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
United > England
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m14rky said:
capello is a [email protected] hasnt got a clue if he wasnt on such a big contract he would have been sacked.becks has been cast aside like an old sock and after the years of service hes given england takes the p1ss tbh
fully agree, the most capped outfield player of all time and some italian with an ego has brushed him under the carpet

·
Banned
9,206 Posts
Capello should have been given his P45 in June, he's proved that he's totally inept at managing a football team. If I were in charge of the FA he'd be on the 1st plane back to Italy.

·
Has a 6 pack in the right light
3,643 Posts
whats happened to make you think he's cast him asside?

i dont capello either, it int coz we had a rubbish world cup, i just think the english manager should be english

when keegan was in charge and we were rubbish i was willing him to succeed, i almost wanted hungary to win last night

·
Banned
9,206 Posts
erics44 said:
whats happened to make you think he's cast him asside?

i dont capello either, it int coz we had a rubbish world cup, i just think the english manager should be english

when keegan was in charge and we were rubbish i was willing him to succeed, i almost wanted hungary to win last night
The reason we have always been rubbish is the amount of tripe every England manager keeps picking.

It's about time players were picked from the Championship instead of the Premiership, these players would run their heart out for their country.

The @rse wipes we've got playing for us at the moment are a disgrace to the England shirt.

·
Looking Freaky
757 Posts
Beckham shouldn't get in the team but Capello can't even string a sentence together. A lot of managers criticise the national job because its not hands on and not as much work as a club manager. Surely with the money plus time he could be doing better than this.

·
Newbie Trainer
73 Posts
Alrite, I need to say something here guys.

First of all we need to be realistic, Capello has the credentials he has won the Spanish league, the Italian league and the Champions league. He knows the game.

Fair enough he doesn't know our language or culture, but lets be fair how close to winning a world cup will our language and culture take us it sure hasn't brought us many titles so far!

David Beckham the most capped outfield player of all time. Him being the most capped player says he has had his outing. He wasn't able to spearhead the team to a trophy. He had a chance at the world Cup just gone but unforunately for him he was injured. I'm not even sure he would've been in the squad had he been fit.

We have to accept that in Beckhams position we have Lennon, Walcott, and Wright-Phillips. All younger, faster and in there own ways bare more skills perhaps not in the crossing department but definately at getting past defenders, Beckham is getting older and slower. Guess what, one of those 3 younger, fitter more skillful players was left out of the squad this world cup so what makes you think Becks could av made the cut. As for 2 and 4 years down the line its not gunna happen so lets stop living in fairytale Beckham land and accept that his England career is over. Also stop looking for managerial excuses as to why England don't play well and accept its because they just haven't played well enough.

·
Has a 6 pack in the right light
3,643 Posts
Maasai said:
100 percent right. What goods beckham gonna be by the the time the euro's and next world cup come along.

Its time for england to blood the youngsters in time for above competitions. Plenty of experience still left in the squad .. Wont miss him.

But capello isnt the right man for the job, he's made some terrible decisions regarding squad picks and tactics.

Long may it continue because if england did have the right man in place they would be in a far better position than they are now :p (im scottish) still wouldnt have won world cup though!
i agree with the blood youngsters bit

stick with hart consistently, stop picking terry, johnson, barry and play one of either gerrard or lampard

id take becks along tho, he can make and impact

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Hes past it, should be nowhere near the team.

If he wanted to be part of the set up he should have never gone to some crappy Yank league on the say-so of his whore wife. He ended his own career when he did that.

·
Newbie Trainer
73 Posts
Ashcrapper said:
Hes past it, should be nowhere near the team.

If he wanted to be part of the set up he should have never gone to some crappy Yank league on the say-so of his whore wife. He ended his own career when he did that.
:thumb: :thumb : :thumb: :thumb : :thumb: :thumb :

Very well said!

reps for you my son!

·
For 5% off at myprotein.co.uk use code MP15618462
1,360 Posts
damon86 said:
Alrite, I need to say something here guys.

First of all we need to be realistic, Capello has the credentials he has won the Spanish league, the Italian league and the Champions league. He knows the game.

Fair enough he doesn't know our language or culture, but lets be fair how close to winning a world cup will our language and culture take us it sure hasn't brought us many titles so far!

David Beckham the most capped outfield player of all time. Him being the most capped player says he has had his outing. He wasn't able to spearhead the team to a trophy. He had a chance at the world Cup just gone but unforunately for him he was injured. I'm not even sure he would've been in the squad had he been fit.

We have to accept that in Beckhams position we have Lennon, Walcott, and Wright-Phillips. All younger, faster and in there own ways bare more skills perhaps not in the crossing department but definately at getting past defenders, Beckham is getting older and slower. Guess what, one of those 3 younger, fitter more skillful players was left out of the squad this world cup so what makes you think Becks could av made the cut. As for 2 and 4 years down the line its not gunna happen so lets stop living in fairytale Beckham land and accept that his England career is over. Also stop looking for managerial excuses as to why England don't play well and accept its because they just haven't played well enough.
I agree with everything you have said here.

I'd also like to add that there are probably some players in the squad that think they are furniture and automatically belong there and aren't willing to adapt to the managers tactics.

Capello has got things wrong, but at the end of the day the are apparently world class players and should be able to adapt to any manager, tactics etc.

One thing capello has got wrong is the goalkeeping situation, it is not good to keep chopping and changing. Goalkeepers rely on confidence and if they are only getting picked every now and then, how are they supposed to perform to their potential?

G

·
our players arnt world class, far from it infact. Beckham at his best was way better than any one of those ****ers on the pitch last night. time to just admit we are ****

·
288 Posts
lol sorry but you cant put all the blame on capello for our team underperforming, fair enough he played the wrong tactics but he was sticking to what he knows, which he admits was a mistake

we have been through fk knows how many managers now, all have failed

capello knows he made mistakes with his world cup tactics because he didnt put the team out matching to their abilities, its not up the players to adapt, he should know as a manager who plays well, and in what position, its what hes paid for

but saying that if the players arnt going to play as a team we will never win anything

and to original question i dont think beckham should be dropped, he would be a useful sub even if they wont let him play a full match, kind of like sheringham was towards the end of his united career

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.