UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone :)

i often find myself hungry during the dy and find myself snacking on crisps or sweets/chocolate. i try to eat 6 meals throughout the day but still find myself snacking in between. i eat a lot carbs wityh my meals to try and keep myself from feeling hungry but it just doesnt seem to work :(

obviously this isnt ideal and im eating a lot when it comes to meals so i was wondering what healthy snack ideas youve got :)

no effort/easy to prepare kinda stuff as i probably snack most at work when im always on the go. (12 1/2 hour shifts)

im already buying the low fat crisps (rice infusions pringles etc) to try and keep my fat intake down. i am bulking at the minute rather than cutting but dont struggle at all to gain weight so really feel i need to watch what i eat.

i tried buying fruit but absently mindedly destroyed a box of grapes and was hungry for more after lol

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
It may well be the carb source you are choosing which is causing the problem?

I snack on boiled eggs,tinned fish(mackerel/sardines) nuts( :) ) and blended proteins/efa's

Are you drinking enough water?

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
The reason why the crisps or sweets/chocolate wont work here is the fact that they spike blood sugars fast, this spikes insulin, insulin is a storage hormone, this will leave the brain asking for food after insulin stored that meal.

The brain is the biggest glucose hog in the body, keeping blood sugar levels more stable will result in less crashing and hunger paings.

This is one reason why peanuts are so nice, they do contain all 3 macro's but are super low in the GI, leaving you satisfied for longer.

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Careful on the nuts, 100g is over 500 cals so they are very easy to over indulge on. My advice is take in a bag or box only exactly what you need to eat to prevent putting on some fat through eating too many cals.

Many a time have i had a 500g bag that I snacked on throughout the day, only to find my fingers reaching into an empty bag by home time! woops 2500 extra cals right there lol.

They are seriously good nutrition however, in moderation, nuts also swell in contact with water so are good for curbing appetite, bonus when dieting maybe not when bulking.

SD

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
Yes, so true bro, but if you wait too long to eat, binging can become a problem, nuts curb my appitite better than anything, and they keep me full longer too.

But they are a calorie dense food.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.