UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Packin' on the lbs
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under General Anesthesia today for 20-30 mins. I quit smoking 3 days before. I waited about 4-5 hours after I had come to and had a ***. The effects of the anesthesia had seemingly worn off. I told the nurse I had a *** and she said its okay but id maybe feel a bit dizzy from the combined affect of it and the nicotine.

I didnt have an operation just an assessment (superficial) that required me being knocked out.

Ive been smoking today since - had less than a pack. Other than regular smoking issues is there anything particularly dangerous about doing it this soon after being put under?

·
Packin' on the lbs
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JBWILSON said:
man you really didn't want to do that, it's incredibly dangerous. nicotine can react with the anaesthetic and make yer dick fall off.
Cheers dude :lol:

But jokes aside...

Obviously they advise you quit before hand, so was thinking maybe there are some affects given that they advise you against other things for 24 hours after?

·
wanting to shift it
110 Posts
We normaly advise NOT to smoke soon after GA because the nicotine can react with the GA and raise your Hearts beats per min etc...

( And after you have a GA you normally will have your Obs checked ie. blood pressure, pulse, respiration, before your givern the all clear to be discharged.

So you may just delay you being discharged if it raises your pulse, which has happened a few times with impatient patients who have insisted on having a *** so soon after!!

Oh and of course smoking delays healing.

But you dont need to worry about that with you just being assessed.

·
Packin' on the lbs
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mercy-Leigh said:
We normaly advise NOT to smoke soon after GA because the nicotine can react with the GA and raise your Hearts beats per min etc...

( And after you have a GA you normally will have your Obs checked ie. blood pressure, pulse, respiration, before your givern the all clear to be discharged.

So you may just delay you being discharged if it raises your pulse, which has happened a few times with impatient patients who have insisted on having a *** so soon after!!

Oh and of course smoking delays healing.

But you dont need to worry about that with you just being assessed.
I came to from the GA about 11am and was released at 4. They did bp checks before hand. And I had my *** about then.

So effectively theres no real danger then? I was thinking along the lines of oxygen etc.

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
Personally wouldn't. Even as a smoker myself. Don't think theres any real complications but I felt like sh1te mentally for days after GA and I don't think nicotine would help the brain recover!

·
Packin' on the lbs
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had about 5 today but i'll calm it down. My BP was fine when I left so not bothered too much about that. Just was thinking all these chemicals from the Anesthesia and nicotine in my brain at the one time might be dodgey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.