UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
United > England
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a while no matter how much i was my shaker, they always seem to get a lingering stench of old protein

how often do you guys change them??

·
Gym Addict
437 Posts
Change them after a year or so, I try to clean them straight away! An old housemate left one once for four days in his room in summer, when he came back it smelt like what could only be described as bigfoots nobcheese

·
when squirrels go bad
271 Posts
i normaly leave them soak in the kitchen sink over night in warm water and washing up liquid every other day, as long as they are rinsed every day they should be fine.

this one is expensive but suppost to be really good lasts forever, if you work out how much you spend buying plastic ones per year its not that expensive because it last forever.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Protein-Shaker-Bottle-Blenders/dp/B002HI79RK

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
I have six on rotation all the time because of how I make my shakes up. Between the eggs/cott cheese/protien powder/juice to flavour one , which I make up three of these at a time and the Tuna/jalepeno sauce shake which I make up two of at a time.

Any way they go into teh dishwasher and have no probs ............the oldest one I have must be 8 years old

·
1,195 Posts
they dont smell after theyv been thru a dish washer haha!

i have about 5 now :S use them all the time tho, always have one in my car just incase, and one in my gym bag, with protein in it ready to go

·
Newbie Trainer
45 Posts
LOL at topic. I've got the exact opposite. I put BBW's banoffee in empty bottles and then shake as needed, then wash the bottles after. Haven't used my machine blender to make a protein shake for about 4 days or even a week. Today the machine blender was smelling like "death".

I was thinking of getting a shaker but seeing this topic I might as well continue with my home-made shakers. I got the idea of putting powder in bottles from those RTD protein things that people are selling.

I might not look as posh as the maximuscle shaker boys in the gym but it works and its less smelly too. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.