UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok peeps calling on the members of ukm for some advice really.. i recently seperated with my gf around march of this year, we moved out of the house we were renting and she got her own house and i went back to my mums.. we have a 9 month old together and he lives with her altho i get him 3 days a week..

im currently living in my mums dining room with pretty much just a bed tv and the babys cot.. (i have applied to the housing executive for a house)im by no means in a highly paid job infact im on min wage.. i currently pay my gf 100 per month child support and i pay 35 a month towards his childcare.. i also currently have a round 400 quid of bills to pay before any of the child stuff comes out so as you can imagine im gettin it quite tight with my own living costs plus the baby stuff.. my question is.. is there any kinda financial support i can apply for.. when i ask hm customs they said only the main carer could apply which is his mum but im just wondering is there anything at all i can apply for?

·
where did that six pack go.....?
134 Posts
sounds like you're getting a rough deal mate, no chance of a reconciliation?

there are family tax credits but if your 9 month old officially lives with mum then she will be the one entitled to it.

do a search on the internet or call citizens advice but i honestly dont think you're entitled to anything from the government.

·
HULK SMASH!!!
8,495 Posts
chrisni1986 said:
ok peeps calling on the members of ukm for some advice really.. i recently seperated with my gf around march of this year, we moved out of the house we were renting and she got her own house and i went back to my mums.. we have a 9 month old together and he lives with her altho i get him 3 days a week..

im currently living in my mums dining room with pretty much just a bed tv and the babys cot.. (i have applied to the housing executive for a house)im by no means in a highly paid job infact im on min wage.. i currently pay my gf 100 per month child support and i pay 35 a month towards his childcare.. i also currently have a round 400 quid of bills to pay before any of the child stuff comes out so as you can imagine im gettin it quite tight with my own living costs plus the baby stuff.. my question is.. is there any kinda financial support i can apply for.. when i ask hm customs they said only the main carer could apply which is his mum but im just wondering is there anything at all i can apply for?
If you could apply for joint custody you would be entitled to half benefits

thats 3.5 days a week with child

Ex prob wont go for it tho as means she will get hers cut???

Sh1t situation mate

But at least on bright side she letting you have access to your child :)

More than a lot (including myself) got

·
ive just wet myself oopppss lol
14,809 Posts
chrisni1986 said:

Not nice ! ....So when you say child support ...are the CSA deducting these payments from you ? If so they should take full account of your income & essential expenditure as well as reducing the payments you make due to you having him for 3 days of the week.

I can tell you now that my ex earns well over £35k and even having the kids 3 nights out of 7 - they still only deduct £180 per month for 2 children !

I would appeal to the CSA and/or visit CAB :)

·
Sporting 21 inch pythons brother
1,509 Posts
I hope things work out for you bud, I know how painful it can be to split up when there is a child involved (emotionally and financially).

With regards to benefits etc try www.entitledto.com - sorry I am a total computer buffoon so haven't managed to post a link but it is recommended by Martyn Lewis of Moneysaving expert.com IIRC

Keep your chin up if you can and I am sure things will get better over time. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.