UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we all heard or said some pretty funny or silly sayings...i would like to compile a list of these sayings....cos when i say em now and think about em,they are just downright funny and silly!!!!

when i was a kid or someone older said em...it was a given...now...its funny...and then you think,that dont even mean anything...these old sayings!!!!

please feel free to add to the list,please be reminded that they have to be silly/funny sayings that really have no meaning in reality..........

i'll kick off the sayings with a few:

*fit as a fiddle

*taking the p*ss

*pulling my leg

*the lights are on but nobodys at home

*built like a brick sh*thouse

*drinks like a fish(does a fish drink,sorry they must do)

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the on e that is in constant use and i hear all the time still that baffles the hell out of me when i really think about it.....

is "are you taking the p*ss"

we all know when somebody say it what it means,but....what it really means,hee,hee.....taking somebodys urine?????

·
Gym Addict
181 Posts
I never heard of any of that saying or expressions but there is another one you didn't include which it's * Clear as mud * How the hell mud can be clear i want to know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
my favourite one to use is

"better then a kick in the fan*y anyday of the week"

some others though would include

"are you having a laugh?"

"what has that got to do with the price of cheese?"

·
Online Coach
6,086 Posts
Some of them there is logic behind them...

One that p1sses me off purely because the people saying it are wannabe businessmen, is "we'll have to touch base"

Fuk off, nobody is 'touching base' its a gay statement that wannabe rich city workers use

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
ah24 said:
Some of them there is logic behind them...

One that p1sses me off purely because the people saying it are wannabe businessmen, is "we'll have to touch base"

Fuk off, nobody is 'touching base' its a gay statement that wannabe rich city workers use
and "keep me in the loop" "thinking outside the box"

should read keep me in a noose and kick me in the box:D

1 - 20 of 154 Posts