UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys, just wondering what everyones protocol is with this contest tan? I have the pro pack ( scrub, tan, tan enhancer ) now it doesn't come with any guidelines, I know weeman used this recently as an undercoat for his tan. I'm planning on useing this as a stand alone product so just wanting to get to grips with how other people have used it and with what out come. Thanks people

·
Everybody wants to be GOOD, but not many are prepa
1,345 Posts
Use the scrub and moisturise for about a week prior to applying the tan but DO NOT scrub and moisturise on the day you apply the tan.

Apply one coat of tan let it develop over 8 hours RINSE OFF the guide colour. Later when you are fully dry apply another coat leave to develop and apply a second coat 8 hours later. On the morning of teh show IF REQUIRED apply another coat or just touch up the tan where needed.

Apply the tan enhancer and then glaze.

make sure you do not use deoderants, aftershaves or anything perfumed or your tan will go green.

Hope that helps

·
1,345 Posts
najybomb said:
Thanks for the reply lou, is this for the show off tan from 247 bodybuilding? I heard people just applied the one coat?
Yes this is for the Show Off Tan...

One coat of tan will not be enough.....its the same principle as applying Jan Tana.

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Righto, I think my plan will be apply mid day Saturday, then another coat befor bed, and one on the Sunday of the show. Hopefully this wil be enough

·
1,345 Posts
najybomb said:
Righto, I think my plan will be apply mid day Saturday, then another coat befor bed, and one on the Sunday of the show. Hopefully this wil be enough
Mmmm..... I would apply EARLY sat morning to give first coat time to develop.....then mid afternoon apply second coat so that can develop before going to bed.

Then as usual apply third coat on day of show. :cool2: :thumb: :cool2:

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay for anyone else wondering what the people who make this tan advise, i emailed them and they replied with about useing the scrub and the whole standard stuff about no frangranced soap or deoderants. right, they recomend two coats the day befor the show and then one or two the morning of the show, im guessing this is just due to developing colour. so my plan is tomorrow morning tan up, then basically see how dark it goes during the day and tan up in the evening, then once on sunday morning. so a solitary day for me tomorrow! the things we bodybuilders do eh. long live dream tan i say, such and easy tan

·
1,345 Posts
najybomb said:
okay for anyone else wondering what the people who make this tan advise, i emailed them and they replied with about useing the scrub and the whole standard stuff about no frangranced soap or deoderants. right, they recomend two coats the day befor the show and then one or two the morning of the show, im guessing this is just due to developing colour. so my plan is tomorrow morning tan up, then basically see how dark it goes during the day and tan up in the evening, then once on sunday morning. so a solitary day for me tomorrow! the things we bodybuilders do eh. long live dream tan i say, such and easy tan
See note about rinsing initial guide colour off......

Tan 101 - tan basically has two elements DHA and guide colour - the DHA is the stuff that develops as the tan - the guide colour is present because

A) you can then see you have had a tan done and it gives you a colour whilst the DHA is developing

B) so that the technician can see where they have sprayed tan on your body. The guide colour is only temporary. To make sure you get a good base coat rinse the guide colour from the first coat off then you will be left with the actual tan. Its a much better way to work with tan.

Hope this makes sense.

Lou X

·
fat ginger
11,441 Posts
i used the scrub on the morning of the show,didnt realise wasnt supposed to,but anyway it went on really well,was very very dark,a few layers would prob get a good colour but i only had 4oz bottle so only had enough for one coat hence why used it as a base tan :)

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for your input mate, it was you who i heard used the one tan as a base tan. surely it wont hurt just to wake up exfoliate and whatever, and apply a coat? then another in the evening and morning of show?

·
1,345 Posts
Lou said:
Use the scrub and moisturise for about a week prior to applying the tan but DO NOT scrub and moisturise on the day you apply the tan.

Apply one coat of tan let it develop over 8 hours RINSE OFF the guide colour. Later when you are fully dry apply another coat leave to develop and apply a second coat 8 hours later. On the morning of teh show IF REQUIRED apply another coat or just touch up the tan where needed.

Apply the tan enhancer and then glaze.

make sure you do not use deoderants, aftershaves or anything perfumed or your tan will go green.

Hope that helps
najybomb said:
so your suggestion would be get tanned up in the morning, let id just dry then wash it off, and reapply the tan?
PLEASE READ THE SECTION IN RED - from an earlier post on page 1 :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.