UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.

Have been running a strength based routine for the last 8 weeks. Have seen good strength gains over the last 7 weeks and beat PBS on the 8th week.

Have decided to keep the structure the same , altho just mix up the type of workouts in the routine and the angles at which i hit the muscle.

Just need some help with the Shoulders.

Currently doing..

Standing Military Press

Seated DB press

Upright Row

Rear Head Press on Smith

Shruggs.

Want to keep SMB and Seated Press but putting this up for discussion as would like to change 1 or 2 exercises just to keep the workout fresh. Was thinking something with cables but never used them within a shoulder routine.

Ideally looking at compound more than isolation. Enjoying the strength training and trying to avoid isolation work.

Cheers,

1Tonne

(NB - if advising a workout type , feel free to add a youtube link lol) :beer:

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh movement forward has been progressively good, but beginning to stall out and stick.

I assume your advise these 3 as the are best overall strength gainers?

I hit Rear Delt on Back day incase anone asks.

G

·
Dsahna said:
Id ditch the upright rows and smith btn press and aim to beat last week,EVERY WEEK!
X2

Although ive ditched Mpress recently for 5x5 DB press. After which im fooked

·
UNKNOWABLE
4,691 Posts
Definitely the best mate,shrugs are better than upright rows imo because they can be harsh on the wrists and you can move more weight,btn smith press is risky for the rotator cuffs and is inferior to military press for strength gain imo,mil press also allows you to use more weight!

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dsahna said:
Definitely the best mate,shrugs are better than upright rows imo because they can be harsh on the wrists and you can move more weight,btn smith press is risky for the rotator cuffs and is inferior to military press for strength gain imo,mil press also allows you to use more weight!
Yeh dont really do a true BTN press. Bring bar down to right above between back and middle of head. Never felt comfortable behind the head to neck area.

Would these 3 give an overall increase as it looks very front delt heavy. Or should i need not worry? Started out with a classic 5 day split on high rep bodybuilding routine focused on isolation so self teaching with a friend on the fundamentals of strength when it comes to the different workouts and what muscles should be most focused on.

Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Dsahna. I'll take your word for it. Another 6 weeks and i'll see where i am then.

Loving the strength training at the mo, shall prob keep it going for a solid 6-8 months.

And cheers to Mikex also.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,503 Posts
Fragjuice said:
you might find doing push press for a while might help you get past your sticking point
Ill second that, I also find cleaning it from the floor rather than racking it helps me lift more weight.

My training partner says im "cheating" with the push press, I say hes a ****** cos he doesnt even do a full range of motion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.