UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my very post on these forums, and I have a few questions for you guys, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Background
:

I'm nearly 18 years of age and i've been training for around a year. I started at ~120lb, and now i'm at 140lb, still lean.

I train 4 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

I generally switch up my training routine between a standard BodyBuilding split and regimes more focused on strength when I hit "walls".

My diet is pretty good, it's not perfect, i'm not going to lie, but it's pretty good, and seems to be doing the job. I'd prefer it be perfect obviously, but it's not me buying the food, and all this eating heavy business isn't pleasing for the bill payers.

Generally I just make sure I get enough calories, and about 1.5g's of protien per lb of bodyweight.

I eat pretty clean.

Questions:

Right, well, it's like this.

I'm aware I havn't been training long enough really to even be considering steroids of any form.

I'm also aware of all the con's that go with it, what you can do to reduce them, and that i'm not around the reccomended starting age of ~21.

However, steroids in my gym are rampant. I'd say 75% of the people at my gym are on them. It's more of the "hardcore" training type gym.

These guys range in all ages, sizes, heights, weights and skin colours.

They also discuss what they're on, and what it's doing for them, relatively openly.

So i'm there, training anyway, and everyone around me is getting bigger twice as quick as me.

My training partner, who has been training the same length of time as me, (however he's 30 years old), also just went on a cycle of Lixus Labs Tri Rip Blend, for his first cycle.

I'm not sure whether that was the right thing to start on...but hey, not my choice.

Naturally, i'm thinking, "Damn, I wanna be gaining as quick as these guys are".

I've spoke to a few guys at my gym, and generally what I get is "You're not 21, I wouldn't bother yet mate".

But when I ask, "How come?", noone really has an answer.

Secondly, it's pretty hard to take anything these guys say seriously, because although they're pretty damn big, they say things like "Don't squat more than parallel, it'll **** your knees up", which isn't true obviously. But we'll not get into that.

So anyway, I don't know whether half of what they say is correct or not.

From what I understand, taking steroids is bad for teens because;

A) Our hormones are already all over the place, without adding more to the mix.

B) It can prematurely close growth plates, stunting growth.

C) It can cause gyno. (Some say, more commonly in teens).

D) Kidney/Liver failure/problems.

E) Increased acne. (Again, accordingly more-so in teens)

F) "Infertility" (This is in quotations because i'm unsure if this is true).

-Etc-

So from this, what I can see is, the only problems with taking steroids, that affect teens opposed to everyone, are extra hormone imbalance, and growth plate closing.

Complications:

This is where it gets complicated. A few years back, I had Hodgkins Disease Lymphoma Cancer, in my neck. I've recovered and recently had the "5 Year completely all clear, hopefully forever".

This however, as I recently found out, has left me 100% permenantly infertile. I didn't even have one sperm. (So cross that off the list of steroid Cons).

This is where it gets interesting. Not only this, but my body now doesn't produce its own Testosterone, at a high enough amount anyway.

The arbitary unit for a guy my age is "30", I had "4".

Because of this, I have to apply a Testerone Suspension to my back, everyday, to bring the levels up to normal. (I chose this over the injection form, just because it was working fine so didn't feel the need to switch).

Thirdly, at 5"10, i'm relatively happy with my height.

So I can't really see a problem here?

If I'm already infertile, my hormones are already pretty much gone, so D-Bol for example, stopping me producing my own, would essentially do nothing, and I'm not bothered about growing anymore, the only Cons left are ones everyone else gets too.

It's from my understanding that the main reason Teens shouldn't use Steroids is that our hormones are producing fine already. If mine arn't, couldn't I just use steroids like anyone else?

What's stopping me?

Would this be a bad idea?

Am I talking crap?

Is everything I just said wrong?

Thanks in advance everyone, sorry for the long read!

·
100+ kg
828 Posts
So practically you're already infertile and you hardly produce any test of your own? I understand you're already stuck to applying that test susp to your back the rest of your life?

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
Welcome to the board.

If you really want to take them go ahead, you obviously like to do your homework so i assume you also intend to ask a lot of questions and do plenty of research (you have only scratched the surface). Just one piece of advice from me at this stage, take what 95% of the 75% of those guys in your gym who are on steroids tell you as rubbish and get more opinions :) .

·
Smashing PR's
1,155 Posts
I'm no expert, but it sounds like you have a fair negation to all the normal reasons for someone of your age not to do roids, so I think it sounds ok. But i'd still wait for a consensus of opinion from the more experienced guys and galls. If you do, good luck matey,

·
Gym Addict
99 Posts
Vassy said:
Hey everyone, this is my very post on these forums, and I have a few questions for you guys, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Background:

I'm nearly 18 years of age and i've been training for around a year. I started at ~120lb, and now i'm at 140lb, still lean.

I train 4 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

I generally switch up my training routine between a standard BodyBuilding split and regimes more focused on strength when I hit "walls".

My diet is pretty good, it's not perfect, i'm not going to lie, but it's pretty good, and seems to be doing the job. I'd prefer it be perfect obviously, but it's not me buying the food, and all this eating heavy business isn't pleasing for the bill payers.

Generally I just make sure I get enough calories, and about 1.5g's of protien per lb of bodyweight.

I eat pretty clean.

Questions:

Right, well, it's like this.

I'm aware I havn't been training long enough really to even be considering steroids of any form.

I'm also aware of all the con's that go with it, what you can do to reduce them, and that i'm not around the reccomended starting age of ~21.

However, steroids in my gym are rampant. I'd say 75% of the people at my gym are on them. It's more of the "hardcore" training type gym.

These guys range in all ages, sizes, heights, weights and skin colours.

They also discuss what they're on, and what it's doing for them, relatively openly.

So i'm there, training anyway, and everyone around me is getting bigger twice as quick as me.

My training partner, who has been training the same length of time as me, (however he's 30 years old), also just went on a cycle of Lixus Labs Tri Rip Blend, for his first cycle.

I'm not sure whether that was the right thing to start on...but hey, not my choice.

Naturally, i'm thinking, "Damn, I wanna be gaining as quick as these guys are".

I've spoke to a few guys at my gym, and generally what I get is "You're not 21, I wouldn't bother yet mate".

But when I ask, "How come?", noone really has an answer.

Secondly, it's pretty hard to take anything these guys say seriously, because although they're pretty damn big, they say things like "Don't squat more than parallel, it'll **** your knees up", which isn't true obviously. But we'll not get into that.

So anyway, I don't know whether half of what they say is correct or not.

From what I understand, taking steroids is bad for teens because;

A) Our hormones are already all over the place, without adding more to the mix.

B) It can prematurely close growth plates, stunting growth.

C) It can cause gyno. (Some say, more commonly in teens).

D) Kidney/Liver failure/problems.

E) Increased acne. (Again, accordingly more-so in teens)

F) "Infertility" (This is in quotations because i'm unsure if this is true).

-Etc-

So from this, what I can see is, the only problems with taking steroids, that affect teens opposed to everyone, are extra hormone imbalance, and growth plate closing.

Complications:

This is where it gets complicated. A few years back, I had Hodgkins Disease Lymphoma Cancer, in my neck. I've recovered and recently had the "5 Year completely all clear, hopefully forever".

This however, as I recently found out, has left me 100% permenantly infertile. I didn't even have one sperm. (So cross that off the list of steroid Cons).

This is where it gets interesting. Not only this, but my body now doesn't produce its own Testosterone, at a high enough amount anyway.

The arbitary unit for a guy my age is "30", I had "4".

Because of this, I have to apply a Testerone Suspension to my back, everyday, to bring the levels up to normal. (I chose this over the injection form, just because it was working fine so didn't feel the need to switch).

Thirdly, at 5"10, i'm relatively happy with my height.

So I can't really see a problem here?

If I'm already infertile, my hormones are already pretty much gone, so D-Bol for example, stopping me producing my own, would essentially do nothing, and I'm not bothered about growing anymore, the only Cons left are ones everyone else gets too.

It's from my understanding that the main reason Teens shouldn't use Steroids is that our hormones are producing fine already. If mine arn't, couldn't I just use steroids like anyone else?

What's stopping me?

Would this be a bad idea?

Am I talking crap?

Is everything I just said wrong?

Thanks in advance everyone, sorry for the long read!
I'm going to run for same reason as you mate, got sick of watching other guys in gym BLOW up while I sat there busting my ass for minimal gains lol on 4000 cals a day. Whatever people say training naturally of course has JACK**** on steroids. However, i'm 23, and going to use with 3-4yrs training behind me.

Your situation is complicated mate, ultimately its a choice you have to make for yourself tbh, you sound like your going to use anyway, so at least do it properly and perfect if you are going to!

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick replys.

@Suitlf11 - Yup, I'm already infertile, and yes, I have to apply this stupid gel to my back for the rest of my life.

@Mars1960 - The reason i'm here is because I can't really trust anything those guys say, I really wanted some solid feedback on this, so I looked to you guys

@Parabloic - Yer it is, and i'm strongly considering it.

·
Smashing PR's
1,155 Posts
Just thought, if you are going to go ahead, you'd do well to read through everything in the stickies section of the aas forum on this site as there is some invaluable information for the first time user. And listen to what people like mars etc say, they know their sh1t.

·
Gym Addict
258 Posts
I don't think there is any right or wrong age to be honest, if you feel ready for them and know enough / aren't afraid to ask Qs go for it.

I know you will so good luck with it ;)

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SK-XO said:
lol wtf my test is almost as bad as yours if yours is 4 and mine is 7 how do i not get that :lol: !
Woah yours is 7 and you're not on anything?! Have you asked about it? I'm suprised you could put on any muscle naturally at all with it being low!

From your AVI you look like a big guy.

With 7 a hospital/doctor should definatly give you something.

·
100+ kg
828 Posts
Vassy said:
Thanks for the quick replys.

@Suitlf11 - Yup, I'm already infertile, and yes, I have to apply this stupid gel to my back for the rest of my life.

@Mars1960 - The reason i'm here is because I can't really trust anything those guys say, I really wanted some solid feedback on this, so I looked to you guys

@Parabloic - Yer it is, and i'm strongly considering it.
Then I'd simply start juicing. :lol:

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Razorblade said:
if youre infertile anyway and your hormones are a mess go see the doc, might put you on trt and gh therapy. plenty of people start your age
I have another meeting with my doctor soon to review how the Test susp. is going for me, so i'll drop it in, thanks.

Who knows, free GH can't be bad. Haha.

·
Banned
322 Posts
Vassy said:
I have another meeting with my doctor soon to review how the Test susp. is going for me, so i'll drop it in, thanks.

Who knows, free GH can't be bad. Haha.
Wouldnt it be easier to inject a ml of sust every 10 days or so than have to put that stuff on your back every day? honestly mate injecting is nothing to worry about in the slightest

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Razorblade said:
Wouldnt it be easier to inject a ml of sust every 10 days or so than have to put that stuff on your back every day? honestly mate injecting is nothing to worry about in the slightest
It would yer I guess. However, the injections from the hospital would be once every 3 months, and from what they tell me, nearing the middle of the second month, my test will start to run low, I don't really want that.

Secondly, and more attractively, since I apply the Test Susp myself, I add extra....y'know....just 'cause.

*Shrugs* It might help abit. ;)

·
Banned
428 Posts
What kind of steroid are you looking at though?

Injectibles or Orals?

Im going on holiday for 2 weeks and when i come back im gonna start taking my first oral cycle which will be 40mg Anavar and 60mg T-Bbol.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.