UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.............be the basis of your routine ALWAYS

or should we mix it up now and again, can machines be of use, wasn't it mike mentzer who developed the nautilus range of machines and concentrated on the negative part of the exercise? Is there any room for partial reps, negs, light weight more reps, pre exhaust and others? or are these literally p1ssing in the wind.

There seems to be a number of people believing compounds are the be all and end all, but when i first started it was strictly a "begginers and intermediates" only routine, have things changed or is it just horses for courses and whatever works for you. Dont get me wrong as I love compound but is there now no room for isolation or is it stricly for the magazines?

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
No,is the quick answer :)

Everything has it's place,it obviously depends on your level of development and goal.

As the majority of posts are "i need help getting big" then a compund routine is the most relevant and why it is banded about the most

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ParaManiac said:
No,is the quick answer :)

Everything has it's place,it obviously depends on your level of development and goal.

As the majority of posts are "i need help getting big" then a compund routine is the most relevant and why it is banded about the most
Cheers Para, you couldn't have a quick butchers at this could you mate, and give us a quick comment, its just a routine i'm in at mo

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/advanced-bodybuilding/42682-i-need-help-new-routine-please.html

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
tel3563 said:
Cheers Para, you couldn't have a quick butchers at this could you mate, and give us a quick comment, its just a routine i'm in at mo

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/advanced-bodybuilding/42682-i-need-help-new-routine-please.html
I don't like it Tel :) and i aint surprised your tired!

Far too many(and messy) sessions crammed into 7 days,spread your training more,give your body time to recover.

I really rate ppl routines,they don't have to be purely compound based.

If 3 sessions isn't enough split into 4 over 8 days

1 - Quads/calfs

2 - shoulders

3 - back/hams

4 - chest

·
bashing the bishop
1,818 Posts
mate you could be doing compounds or isolations and it will matter not as long as the weight/reps continues to increase.

saying that i do believe compounds make for a very sound foundation and shorten my workout times considerably

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ParaManiac said:

Far too many(and messy) sessions crammed into 7 days,spread your training more,give your body time to recover.

1 - Quads/calfs

2 - shoulders

3 - back/hams

4 - chest
my thinking was to train muscles twice in 8 days instead of the usual once in a week like i have for years, has worked before but like i said i'm bushed with this one, may have to rethink, incidentally i like the split but no bi's or tri's, getting worked enough with chest/sh and back? my arms usually come on a ton with the light weight high repping, don't know why:confused1:

Cheers Para appreciate the time mate:thumb:

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trickymicky69 said:
mate you could be doing compounds or isolations and it will matter not as long as the weight/reps continues to increase.

saying that i do believe compounds make for a very sound foundation and shorten my workout times considerably
Good point tricky, funny how we forget the obvious innit

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
tel3563 said:
my thinking was to train muscles twice in 8 days instead of the usual once in a week like i have for years, has worked before but like i said i'm bushed with this one, may have to rethink, incidentally i like the split but no bi's or tri's, getting worked enough with chest/sh and back? my arms usually come on a ton with the light weight high repping, don't know why:confused1:

Cheers Para appreciate the time mate:thumb:
You're welcome Tel,happy to try and help :)

Regards arms,i do very little direct work on them,just occasionally,on instinct,normally bi's on pull day and tri's on push:thumbup1:

·
UKMEDI.CO.UK
4,709 Posts
ParaManiac said:

1 - Quads/calfs

2 - shoulders

3 - back/hams

4 - chest
Why give shoulders a whole day though and split back down???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts